Sponsored

GR452

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Wow, very interesting. Someone screwed up at some point. I wonder if both owners kits call out 452
If there are 2 of the same chasis numbers...should increase the value exponentially!!! :lol:

I told SLC that we'll split the profits. This R should pull $200k on eBay.... Be right back! Ha ha ha! :first:

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
For one final verification, could you share the last 4 of your VIN?
It's posted above....in the owner supplement paperwork.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
Don't forget my cut! Haha.

Per my research the white one is the correct chassis and vin.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Very interesting.

FYI Mine is GR472 ;).. Yours is the closest I think I've seen to mine. VIN 5703 - Delivered 6/26

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP
OP

slc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Lol - you're sure about that, eh? No other possibilities? :frusty::frusty::frusty:
Actually that doesn't look like a R splitter on the Mecum car or Ford just screwed up again...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Actually that doesn't look like a R splitter on the Mecum car or Ford just screwed up again...
Looks correct to me. I was just commenting because I think it's funny how some people automatically know everything about everything with no more information than the rest of us have.

It could be anything at this point. If I were to bet on it, I'd go with you on Ford screwing this one up.

Edit: One thing to note - will this add +1 to the total number of Rs made for 2016? (whenever that number is reported)

Reactions: slc

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Looks correct to me. I was just commenting because I think it's funny how some people automatically know everything about everything with no more information than the rest of us have.

It could be anything at this point. If I were to bet on it, I'd go with you on Ford screwing this one up.

Edit: One thing to note - will this add +1 to the total number of Rs made for 2016? (whenever that number is reported)
I was thinking exactly the same thing with respect to the total number of R's produced for the 2016MY.

To the best of my knowledge I am aware of GR499 as being the highest chassis number for the 2016 R's and if that is still the case that would round off the number of R's built to an even 500!!

:cool: :ford: :cool:

OP
OP

slc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

For what it's worth I wasn't kidding about the splitter on the Mecum car. That is not the same splitter (too short) as the one on my old R.

I find it hard to believe the car isn't legit, could just be a screw-up on the dash plaques, maybe there is no GR453...

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
For what it's worth I wasn't kidding about the splitter on the Mecum car. That is not the same splitter (too short) as the one on my old R.

I find it hard to believe the car isn't legit, could just be a screw-up on the dash plaques, maybe there is no GR453...
I have 0 doubt that it is the correct splitter. Look at the last photo for example, you can clearly see the longer sides that jut outwards on the corners of the R splitter. I've looked at those pictures and pictures of my R and they look identical.

That being said, even with my own, pictures seem to not show just how far out that splitter protrudes, so I think it may be the photos just playing tricks on your mind.

Calling GR453, we need to know if you exist :D

Really hope this is a one off in regards to this duplicate Chassis # issue..

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yeah, this is just wrong. I've seen it where a few R's come down the line with no chassis number plate installed. haha... just makes for a PITA to go back and pry the others off and stick the right ones back on etc. This is a pretty simple procedure. Just think what else could be missing in our cars.
Sponsored