Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang
First off what's the best down pipe?
Second I have the Borla atak cb now and it sounds good
Until I put a downpipe on it then it sounded like a pissed off
Bumble bee very raspy super loud and drown was terrible when accelerating just annoying honestly
I want a deeper sound or at least quieter
What would u guys suggest??
Sponsored

Sponsored

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
Huh ? ... Any tuner on here will tell you an aftermarket downpipe doesn't make that much of a difference in power for our stock turbo .
A downpipe deleting the cat will have big gains especially removing the stock restrictive cat.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Unless you are going for serious power with very aggressive tunes the downpipe gives little gain from any research I have done. And thankfully the stock cat is very large which makes it less restricted. Tuners are making serious power with stock downpipe and personally sound so much better

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Downpipes do make more power than stock and lower heat. Can you make good power on a stock DP? Yes. But an aftermarket DP will definitely net u good gains.

Sponsored

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
LOL WHAT?! The Mishimoto downpipe adds 75whp... I would call that a huge difference.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-3in-or-downpipe-1516eco.html
If you think you can get 75whp with just a downpipe , your sadly mistaken my friend. I really hope you aren't serious
Time to go back to English class so that you can grasp English comprehension.

It gains 75whp WITH A TUNE.
Mishimoto numbers are hugely inflated , even with a tune you won't get close to 75whp with the stock turbo . Adam from tune + on here im sure can confirm this and I believe in serveral of his posts he states a downpipe doesn't do much for performance with the ecoboost mustangs on stock turbos

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
If you think you can get 75whp with just a downpipe , your sadly mistaken my friend. I really hope you aren't serious

Mishimoto numbers are hugely inflated , even with a tune you won't get close to 75whp with the stock turbo . Adam from tune + on here im sure can confirm this and I believe in serveral of his posts he states a downpipe doesn't do much for performance with the ecoboost mustangs on stock turbos
FWIW Jon from Lund always recommends a downpipe for higher boost on a stock turbo.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I just snagged one of the popular ATP clones off of Ebay, so we'll see how that does after my muffler guy puts it on. Any turbocharged car is going to net gains from a downpipe. The catback systems are recommended by some tuners (like Adam) for the horsepower, but also added weight savings over the factory hardware.

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T

Well I'm not complaining if that is true, less money I have to spend :D It makes since the gains wouldn't be huge since super small turbos don't benefit as much with a better DP. I'm happy with 300whp... for now

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T

Time to go back to English class so that you can grasp English comprehension.

It gains 75whp WITH A TUNE.
Thank you for the insult but I'm not retarded. I know a tune is necessary. :clap2:
Sponsored