Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I just want to know if it's worth it. I've gotten into 1/4 mi racing lately, but tend to spin at second gear, my 60" is decent, but could be better. I would like to know if this will help traction wise. I am currently running Pzero, all season, 275/40/19 in the rears. I will be purchasing better tires in the future. :cheers:
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have it and I can still break loose even while moving...

What this has done for me is stiffened up the rear and given the car more positive control in the rear. It is not the only solution needed but definitely changed the car.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Your biggest concern will be removing deflection. Running the stop the hop kit will be a great way to do that. After that, You'll need to play with tire pressures and rubber compounds to get the traction you're looking for. It's not impossible and starting with the stop the hop kit is a great way to do it. Other options include the cradle lockouts from BMR and their solid diff bushings. It's a bit more NVH (noisey) intensive but it accomplishes similar goals.

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I have it and I can still break loose even while moving...

What this has done for me is stiffened up the rear and given the car more positive control in the rear. It is not the only solution needed but definitely changed the car.
Yes, it will be good to have more control, as the car loses traction and wants to fishtail.

Your biggest concern will be removing deflection. Running the stop the hop kit will be a great way to do that. After that, You'll need to play with tire pressures and rubber compounds to get the traction you're looking for. It's not impossible and starting with the stop the hop kit is a great way to do it. Other options include the cradle lockouts from BMR and their solid diff bushings. It's a bit more NVH (noisey) intensive but it accomplishes similar goals.
Agreed, I am looking on upgrading all of the suspension components before going FI. Before I go to stickys I'll have to upgrade the halfshafts :/

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
What part of FL are you in? We can show you our set-up in Pompano Beach, FL - give you a little taste of the complete package.

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
What part of FL are you in? We can show you our set-up in Pompano Beach, FL - give you a little taste of the complete package.

TJ
I'm about an hour and a half from you all. I'll have to make a trip this month.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would be perfect - would be great for you to see the facility & get a firsthand look at our vehicles equipped with the Stop the Hop Pak.

Let me know when you are ready & we will get you taken care of - you can email me at [email protected].

We are open 6 days a week & hopefully you have a nice Friday that you can come down & check things out.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
That would be perfect - would be great for you to see the facility & get a firsthand look at our vehicles equipped with the Stop the Hop Pak.

Let me know when you are ready & we will get you taken care of - you can email me at [email protected].

We are open 6 days a week & hopefully you have a nice Friday that you can come down & check things out.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ, I'll be sure to let you know. :cheers:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I purchased the "stop the hop kit" in separate parts sans (without) the adjustable toe links. It definitely works. But, what's even better is adding the FRPP toe link bearing that goes in the knuckle and Steeda LCA bearing that goes in the front inner LCA. That made another leap forward with the IRS. I say, if you're at Steeda... might as well just get their LCA bearing installed, too. It's worth the cost (or the time consuming labor and shop charge to have the bearing pressed in if you do it yourself)! FRPP toe bearing is easy if you are patient with a universal ball joint press rented from Autozone or wherever.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
ok I have to ask. I installed the BMR CB005 and it did make more vibration (admittedly it is there due to the factory driveshaft/driveline angle etc but I have found no fix to this yet) will the stop the hop pack make the existing vibration worse?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I would first get your car on an alignment rack where it's up in the air on all 4 wheels and clock all bushings in the back before blaming the BMR CB005 for excessive added vibration. I don't think the stop the hop will cause any NVH worth mentioning. It tightend my IRS up a lot but as for vibrations, nothing new. I get more noise from my Torsen diff on account of having differential bushing inserts.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
ok so what bushings need to be clocked and how do I do it? I have never had to clock a bushing before. Are you referring to making sure tehy are set correctly after things like lowering and not bound? My car is factory ride height

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Clearly alignment of the IRS is off. Something isn't right with it. You may also have something contacting where it shouldn't and transmitting NVH. I would pickup a set of the alignment sleeves from Steeda to assure it's centered. Then re-align the car.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Take the ride it's a nice place. I was in Florida to see my father and had my car at Steeda shop last week for finishing my stop hop kit, and Lowering springs and alignment. I just got back to NY a couple of hours ago and drove 3348 mile round trip. In the next couple of days I'm going to write a review since i had so many miles on 2 different setups. I need to unpack my car, and get my stock parts out of the trunk. I want to give the stop hop a real work out. I did get on it, and it felt like it was still hopping but i don't know if that's from all the extra weight in the trunk. I want to give 100% fair review. I can definitely say the alignment is 100% spot on.
FB_IMG_1476310665475.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We look forward to it!

Best Regards,