Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've had several cars get ppf "love" - worth every penny!

IMHO better to use an installer that does not do the "pre-cut" kit. On those applications, you can ofter see the edge of the film along the body panel seams (if you look closely). The installers that use rough-cut sheets and then trim to match the seams turn out better - they roll the edges of the seams and make the cut where it's less visible.

Some pics of my baby getting the Xpel treatment (the glossy Xpel is over the edge of the matt stripes in the pic because he hadn't trimmed it back and applied the matt Xpel on the stripes yet):

I used pre cut and did my own install using X pel and their is enough stretch to wrap the edges. Wasn't hard at all. Just took some time. No way in hell would I let some goober use a razor blade any where near my paint. I've been in the body shop business for over 45 years and I seen it all. No thanks.
I guarantee you now that he's applied the gloss Xpel, he will cut the stripe line with a razor and follow the edge, good luck not touching the paint beneath the Xpel.
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Here is is another photo of Xpel on my car, Front bumper, hood, front fenders, roof, Mirrors, Headlights, parking lights. :cheers:
image.jpg

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Here is is another photo of Xpel on my car, Front bumper, hood, front fenders, roof, Mirrors, Headlights, parking lights. :cheers:
One more photo for you guys, car had 3.5 miles when Xpel was put on my car. :cheers:
image.jpg

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Suntek. Front bumper, full hood, both fenders, rocker panels and mirror covers 1600
DSC_0004_zpsytrdexp8.jpg
DSC_0012_zpssryjmwhu.jpg
DSC_0017_zps4m94jxtv.jpg
DSC_0025_PS_zpsbtfox899.jpg

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I'm getting the same coverage as well this Saturday - using Suntek also...paying a little less but I'm a repeat customer. $1,375

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
I've had several cars get ppf "love" - worth every penny!

IMHO better to use an installer that does not do the "pre-cut" kit. On those applications, you can ofter see the edge of the film along the body panel seams (if you look closely). The installers that use rough-cut sheets and then trim to match the seams turn out better - they roll the edges of the seams and make the cut where it's less visible.

Some pics of my baby getting the Xpel treatment (the glossy Xpel is over the edge of the matt stripes in the pic because he hadn't trimmed it back and applied the matt Xpel on the stripes yet):

This color combo looks so good!

And thanks for the comment on my garage, I did the metallic epoxy myself for the first time. I love how it looks with the black car

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommended Xpel installer in MD/DC/VA area?

OP
OP
TheDeadCow

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the close ups Firestarter, exactly what I was looking to see.
Sponsored