Looking for that DEEP exhaust note

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Followed an '11 GT today that sounded amazing. Caught up with the guy and he told me he had Roush ABE with downpipe. Honestly, I want mine to sound the way his did when it arrives in November. I've listened to more sound clips that me ears are spinning. Originally, I was planning to go with Corsa Sport or Extreme but I'm reading a lot of people say that it's somewhat high-pitched and "tinny" which is not what I want. Was worried that the Roush ABE might have too much drone. Didn't really want to cut so was looking for something sold together. Also considering a Borla S-type. Any advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Roush AB don't have drone. The older 5.0s do sound better, IMO...never gonna get it spot on with the S550's though.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
You're not going to find that sound with this car.

The best I heard was Stainless Works headers and their exhuast, but I wanted to keep my warranty, and that requires a tune. Plus, there's drone out the bootyhole.

Stainless Works catback exhaust with an H pipe also sounds great, but I decided against it, again, due to drone. I take trips in my car and don't want to hear it.

I ended up going with a Ford Racing Sport with an H pipe. It sounds pretty good. Not ideal, but I think you'd like it. Edit: I should add that I got a great deal on it. Used one with 2k miles for $750. I thought it sounded good enough, so I took it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Deep tone exhausts I've heard:
- Solo Performance Mach XV or Mach Thunder
- MBRP Race (NOT, NOT, NOT Street)

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
[ame]
[ame]

I wanted a deep note and this is what I went with. Top video isn't mine. Looked at a lot of videos and just didn't like the higher-pitch and raspiness that seemed apparent with the Corsa/Borla systems that I listened to. Some have drone but Solo will work with you adjusting the J-Pipes to knock it out.

If I'm not mistaken most axle-backs require cutting of some sort since the stock system is 1 piece.

Edit: Holy...didn't realize youtube auto-embedded, was just trying to post links. My bad.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Corsa isn't all that high pitched. It actually has a very throaty note, but the difference is that it is an extremely crisp note. It has no really deep boomy notes, as those are reflectively cancelled in the mufflers to provide no drone.

The S-type is fantastic for a deeper aggressive tone.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
My roush axlebacks with an h pipe sound really deep at lower rpms but not so much at higher rpms and they don't drone. I've heard the magnaflow competitions with an h pipe might be one of the deepest exhaust out there but they do have some drone to them.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Original 40 series with an H pipe. Super 10s with an H pipe if you want it very loud and very deep but don't mind some drone at 1600-2000.

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Pack Mustang
MagnaFlow Street. Deep sound with out that high sound level.
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
The Borlas (either Touring or S-Type) have a pretty deep sound to them, I'd say deeper than most of the S550 exhausts.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I've had S-type for about a week now. Sounds pretty deep esp on rev-matched downshifts and idling. Cold starts its crazy lol.

WOT has a rasp to it though esp 3.5k to redline. Going to keep this setup for a while pretty happy with it so far.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow Street: Deep and smooth, bassy is the right word, not particularly aggressive or racy sounding, but good nonetheless
Borla Touring: Deep and a bit of aggressiveness. Quietest catback on the market.
Borla S-type: Deep and very aggressive, pretty loud too, but not obnoxious
Corsa Sport: Has deep tone, but more baritone. The bass tones are cancelled out. Screams when at high revs.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have Kooks full system with green cats and H pipe it is way deeper than Corsa Sport that was with Kooks headers, green cats and and the double X. I do miss the scream of the Corsa at WOT. Also Corsa was hands down better in the drone dept than any system I have had, and this is my 4th setup, I think I found the one I will keep in the Kooks.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lots of good options, one of the deepest, stainless works retro catback with h pipe, we love it on our own car.

let me know what i can do for you on any brands
Sponsored