Mustang GT in MPG contest

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
not seen north of 29MPG - ever!

Even a long cruise on the M'way down to Edinburgh a couple of times has seen things averaging at 29MPG. All cruise control where possible at 73 (escapes exhaust drone zone).
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
1/4 way round the M25 staying steady around the NSL and I got 37mpg in my GT.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Drove back from British Superbikes at Assen in Holland yesterday....:headbang:

This was the first leg of the trip...:)

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
I clearly drive like a bear in lead boots! I'm made up if I see 25mpg. :crazy:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I clearly drive like a bear in lead boots! I'm made up if I see 25mpg. :crazy:
I drive like my hair is on fire and I've stolen my last pair of boxers! I'm never out of Sport+, and I still get high 20's.

Doing the Tommelsjoch/Passo Del Rombo, Priscilla was on 27.4, and I never saw 6th gear :shrug:

That was up and over the pass. I wouldve been happy in the low 20's, high teens :cool: I'm obviously doing something wrong :confused:

I wanted to get into the low teens, but even on the autobhan, 140+, I was still getting mid 20's, the reason being for my want is that I told the Mrs, if I get into the low teens, the colour spectrum might change, hold on love :D :first:

She said, 'is that it?' :thumbsup:

Sponsored

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
I drive like my hair is on fire and I've stolen my last pair of boxers! I'm never out of Sport+, and I still get high 20's.

Doing the Tommelsjoch/Passo Del Rombo, Priscilla was on 27.4, and I never saw 6th gear :shrug:

That was up and over the pass. I wouldve been happy in the low 20's, high teens :cool: I'm obviously doing something wrong :confused:

I wanted to get into the low teens, but even on the autobhan, 140+, I was still getting mid 20's, the reason being for my want is that I told the Mrs, if I get into the low teens, the colour spectrum might change, hold on love :D :first:

She said, 'is that it?' :thumbsup:
Yep. I think me a averaging 18mph and doing through town driving is the reason it's so bad. :headbonk:

But I guess I never got it to be an eco 'worrier' :D

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I can tell you now you'll struggle to crack 400 in one tank.

I ALMOST managed it on holiday a month or so ago but managed 389 with less than 25 showing as left to go with no idea how close we would be to a petrol station at the end!

That was at an almost constant 70mph right from the start, so unless you can find a clear 400 mile stretch of single carriageway where you can get away with doing 55/60, 350-400 is as good as it gets, which for a 5 litre V8 is bloody good and not a million miles away from the missus' 1.6 turbo 207 we would've otherwise been using!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Some of these figures are making my eyes water:eyebulge:
I've managed to average 23mpg for my first 1k miles and rarely get above 25, and that's with Super U/L and driving pretty sedately on the commute most of the time....might put a bit more wind in the tyres!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these figures are making my eyes water:eyebulge:
I've managed to average 23mpg for my first 1k miles and rarely get above 25, and that's with Super U/L and driving pretty sedately on the commute most of the time....might put a bit more wind in the tyres!
Longer distance in the same run = better mpg, if you're doing loads of 30minute drives, it wont go as high as the numbers you're seeing.

I broke 41 the other day over a 35mile period. :headbonk:. Range broke an added total of 400 for the first time!

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Longer distance in the same run = better mpg, if you're doing loads of 30minute drives, it wont go as high as the numbers you're seeing.

I broke 41 the other day over a 35mile period. :headbonk:. Range broke an added total of 400 for the first time!
Are these real figures or trip computer?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The on the onboard computer, but, ecobeast, so a bit of a difference ;)!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mine are real.....but they match my trip computer because I adjusted it via the engineering mode..:)

As you can see my overall average for 8553 miles from new is 24.36mpg....:cool: My onboard display is showing 24.3...

I don't use my car for commuting or short trips...:D

To be fair, I'm really impressed with the MPG.....my old Aston 4.3 was used in exactly the same way, and I struggled to get better than 20mpg:confused:

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan/ LR Defender/ Smart Roadster
Mine are real.....but they match my trip computer because I adjusted it via the engineering mode..:)

As you can see my overall average for 8553 miles from new is 24.36mpg....:cool: My onboard display is showing 24.3...

I don't use my car for commuting or short trips...:D

To be fair, I'm really impressed with the MPG.....my old Aston 4.3 was used in exactly the same way, and I struggled to get better than 20mpg:confused:
Whats the app please?

I used to have one that looked very similar and lost it during a phone change and have never found one as good again and wondering if it's the same one.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Whats the app please?

I used to have one that looked very similar and lost it during a phone change and have never found one as good again and wondering if it's the same one.
Road Trip HD:)
Sponsored