Sponsored

Do you guys regret any of your mods?

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
That Corsa Sport is awesome. No sound until you want it and a little more exotic sounding. Even with the windows open it's very easy to carry a conversation. It was best money I ever spent. Wife loves it as well.
Don't get me wrong, you get what up pay for. No drone, reserved with light throttle but gets rowdy with a heavy foot. The only issue I have is the rasp at WOT. It's a little more than I would like.
Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bought an ARH catback and I love it but I wish I would have got the long tubes and ran them with the stock resonator and mufflers.

I lowered my last toy and hated the ride quality. I wont make that mistake again.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I bought an ARH catback and I love it but I wish I would have got the long tubes and ran them with the stock resonator and mufflers.
I'm curious about that would sound. I'd be willing to trade my Corsa Sport for a GT350IM and I'd have to go back to my stock exhaust but catless.

Never heard that set-up before.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Check out YouTube, there are a few videos of headers through a stock exhaust.

Last edited:

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I sort of regret is, because of no fault to Steeda, David and the entire staff there took great care of me, but when my order was placed through Steeda for my wheels, I ordered 19x10 at all 4 corners. They placed the order for 19x10 (as evidenced by their drop ship paperwork, and the boxes on the wheels) but I received staggered wheels 19x10 (f) 19x11 (r) wheels. So I have 285's on all four corners, but they're a bit stretched in the rear. I would have liked to received what I ordered, and what the order by Steeda was placed for, but if I had known I was receiving 19x11's in the rear I would have gone with a different tire, and done 315's in the back.

I do regret not properly installing the Steeda G-Trak brace properly when I first received it, but it was about 15 degrees and I was on my back on the frozen ground. It made such a massive improvement in turn-in.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
cd348d44080e6347ec6a63cf1691a78a.jpg

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Regret not going for the Lund FF Tune earlier. The car has been sleeping for 2 year now and just woke up with the tune!

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
None yet, still need to install the sound tube delete, GT350 shift knob and do all of the interior trim in carbon 3M wrap when it gets here.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No regrets. I wish the ngauge was available when I need a programmer. Id much rather have it over the SCT x4 but it just wasn't available at the time. Wish I had purchased different springs but that's not motor related, and not to expensive of a fix.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I think the Corsa Sport would be exactly what I'd get if I got a easy do-over. Mine is a bit deeper and smoother than I want. I'd like to have the higher pitched and exotic tone of the corsa. Second best would be FRPP Touring for me.
Since having a spouse that doesn't quite appreciate that some degree of modding will naturally follow the purchase of a vehicle like the mustang, l had to carefully consider my exhaust choice.
And as much as l wanted the Corsa Sport l knew there would be more mods following my exhaust purchase so l didn't want to sour her with what she would consider a "loud" car, and the Corsa Touring fit the bill.

The Corsa Touring AB is a really good sounding exhaust, albeit a bit on the tame side. Now what l'm throwing around in my head (for further down the road) is how adding an H-pipe would sound with the Sport mufflers l now have? I haven't seen this combo done by anyone as of yet.
The use of the factory resonator actually gives this system a bit deeper (but quiter) sound in contrast to the sound the double x gives.
My major concern is drone which is where the factory res helps with the Touring and is where the double x works in conjunction with the mufflers to also reduce it on the Sport/Extreme configurations.
A large part of Corsa's anti-drone technoloy lies within it's mufflers but not a full 100%

Something tells me that running an h-pipe in lieu of the factory resonator could introduce some unwanted drone.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Since having a spouse that doesn't quite appreciate that some degree of modding will naturally follow the purchase of a vehicle like the mustang, l had to carefully consider my exhaust choice.
And as much as l wanted the Corsa Sport l knew there would be more mods following my exhaust purchase so l didn't want to sour her with what she would consider a "loud" car, and the Corsa Touring fit the bill.

The Corsa Touring AB is a really good sounding exhaust, albeit a bit on the tame side. Now what l'm throwing around in my head (for further down the road) is how adding an H-pipe would sound with the Sport mufflers l now have? I haven't seen this combo done by anyone as of yet.
The use of the factory resonator actually gives this system a bit deeper (but quiter) sound in contrast to the sound the double x gives.
My major concern is drone which is where the factory res helps with the Touring and is where the double x works in conjunction with the mufflers to also reduce it on the Sport/Extreme configurations.
A large part of Corsa's anti-drone technoloy lies within it's mufflers but not a full 100%

Something tells me that running an h-pipe in lieu of the factory resonator could introduce some unwanted drone.
I doubt this, honestly. Corsa's mufflers essentially have multiple Helmholtz resonators.

Here's videos I've found of what you're thinking of (unfortunately poor quality):
[ame]

[ame]

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
No regrets David - none, zilch!

When I started modding this thing I refused to pay an ungodly amount of money for a catback exhaust and still feel the same today. Sure there are better sounding exhaust systems but for the amount of money they are going for it just wasn't cost effective for my budget. The sound that's emitted from various exhaust systems are subjective anyway. Non-automotive types love the way my car sounds with the MBRP Race set-up.

I try and plan my mods and not be impulsive. So far so good...By the way I dropped the car off to Javier early this morn, pick it up tomorrow after work. SP long tubes, H-pipe is being cut out and replaced with an X-pipe and Race bullets installed behind the X.

I'm ballin' on a budget, but still get those W's on the street from time to time

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I doubt this, honestly. Corsa's mufflers essentially have multiple Helmholtz resonators.
Yeah hard to tell from that clip except it is louder, and without any provided driving impressions from the poster it would be hard to say.
It's funny you mention the multiple resonators as we had discussed this in a prior thread post sometime ago (doubt you would remember it) that my internal baffling looked quite a bit different from the internal cutaways shown on their website. Not claiming anything in particular, l just found it was interesting that the configuration of chamber in mine looked that different.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
For me, I changed exhausts twice and I've changed wheels 3 times, and of course lost money each time I swapped.

Now I'm at the point where my exterior is 90% done the way I want it, I'm saving up for a supercharger kit and just doing that in one big hit. Not going to add a CAI/Headers/GT350 Intake Mani etc...that just slows down the evitable outcome...boooooost! :D

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I regret not getting a Lund or Livernois tune, only because I know there's a lot more this engine has to offer and I'm not getting it with my current tune. I think about it often. I went with a warranty-safe Roush tune but it probably wasn't necessary because these engines are tough as nails. The Roush tune is not a bad tune at all, for a canned tune it is actually really good--way better than the Diablo tune I had in my Silverado. I know a custom tune would net me a lot more power though.
Sponsored