Sponsored

Lowering Spring install shop in NoVA

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Hi, I'm in the market for lowering springs and as much as I'd love to install them myself, I don't have a lift and don't want to do it on jackstands.

Does anyone have a shop recommendation around Northern VA for this type of work?

Thanks in advance,
George
Sponsored

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Almost any shop will do them. Just find a cheap place with good reviews. I normally take my car to Edwin's Auto Repair in Herndon. They installed an axle back and lowering springs. They're cheap but get the job done with no issues.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Blockstar cars in Springfield. I've been to them multiple times for tints and an exhaust install (on different vehicles) and was very happy with their work.

OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
They just quoted me $490 for the spring install not including alignment.. Seems a bit high.

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
I used American High Performance. They did an excellent job.

Sponsored

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
May I ask how much they charged?
I was charged $550 for Spring & Wheel spacer install as well as alignment. But I should also mention that Nick at AHP identified that I had a bolt on my strut that was stripped from the factory. He was able to get the new part overnighted by Ford and made the fix himself under warranty.

This really impressed me as he was able to get the car ready 24 hours after drop off even with fixing a part under warranty.

Personally I highly recommend them as they were very quick and professional. All of the reviews that I have read online for them have been positive as well.

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
If you can make it up to Rockville on a Saturday morning or drop it off on a Friday afternoon I can prob have a friend do it at a dealership same day for a discount. PM me if you're interested and I'll ask what his availability is.

Also, if you're interested and don't have springs yet I have LMR progressive springs (SVE-5300C) in my garage. You can take them away for $100, 50% of LMR's price. Nothing wrong with them, just switched over to the complete FRPP track handling box (M-FR3A-M8) after about 3k miles.

I did springs then the whole FRPP track package in my driveway along with exhaust, not that tough but understandable how it could seem intimidating. Do you have aftermarket dampers yet? If not, maybe consider waiting until you do so you don't have to pay install twice? You're prob going to want them eventually once the novelty of some body roll reduction is over. FRPP dampers from the kit mentioned above were ~$550 shipped last time I checked and match progressive lowering springs very well. It's also easier to remove and install the assembled damper/spring as unit for the front.

Last edited:
OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
If you can make it up to Rockville on a Saturday morning or drop it off on a Friday afternoon I can prob have a friend do it at a dealership same day for a discount. PM me if you're interested and I'll ask what his availability is.

Also, if you're interested and don't have springs yet I have LMR progressive springs (SVE-5300C) in my garage. You can take them away for $100, 50% of LMR's price. Nothing wrong with them, just switched over to the complete FRPP track handling box (M-FR3A-M8) after about 3k miles.

I did springs then the whole FRPP track package in my driveway along with exhaust, not that tough but understandable how it could seem intimidating. Do you have aftermarket dampers yet? If not, maybe consider waiting until you do so you don't have to pay install twice? You're prob going to want them eventually once the novelty of some body roll reduction is over. FRPP dampers from the kit mentioned above were ~$550 shipped last time I checked and match progressive lowering springs very well. It's also easier to remove and install the assembled damper/spring as unit for the front.
Thanks, I'll be waiting til spring to do the lowering springs since I'm gonna get winter tires.

Sponsored

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
Excessive Motorsport in Manassas:headbang:

OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Ok, looking to lower again. I have the eibach pro kit and want to put the springs in. I called BA performance and aside from absolutely no phone/customer skills, they're not open on the weekend. Them being in Silver spring I don't want to deal with rush hour BS.

Excessive Motorsport seems to insist that I need camber arms/plates to safely drop my car 1". I find that somewhat ridiculous as plenty of people have gotten their camber to factory spec after pro kit install. If these were the sportlines, I'd be inclined to agree with them.

So once again, I'm looking for a place to do it under $500 install + alignment. BA Performance quoted me $350 total. Great price, but hard to get to for me during the week.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Give my shop a call, RPM Autohaus in Gainesville, (571)-261-9860. Open Saturdays too but I will not be here this coming weekend due to prior plans. I've done several lowering installs and our alignment tech is one of the best in the area.

edit: as mentioned above I highly recommend upgrading the dampers at the same time not only because the factory dampers suck but also because the labor won't change. Also rear IRS cradle lockout kits can be installed with the rear springs for no additional labor.
Sponsored