Catless Downpipe & MBRP Race Catback

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So I finally got around to getting a catback to hook up to my UPR Downpipe and I've got to say, when I first started it up I thought,

"Woah"

This is my first car with anything other than a stock exhaust and when I first began to drive away I was thinking that it was so loud, I felt like the cabin of my car was going to vibrate and resonate itself apart. After a couple of hours I was hating it a little bit. Then I remembered something I heard about pulling down the headliner from the back window and unplugging a small microphone.

The difference is phenomenal. Now my exhaust sounds like it's behind the vehicle where I should be instead of reverberating through the entire car like I was driving a civic with solid motor mounts and a fart cannon. So I just want everyone to know, when you get a exhaust on your Ecoboost please disconnect the mic from the headliner and see how you like it. A friend of mine who's otherwise stock with the Race did it and was amazing as well, also said his sound system and bass was much clearer!
Sponsored

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Yeah It does make a difference lol. I remember installing my Race with catted downpipe and thinking why does it dound so loud inside? After i installed my subwoofer and unplugged that mic I noticed there was far less resonance in the cabin mainly at about 2-3.5k rpms.

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Wait what? Microphone in the back? I installed an exhaust and it sounds TERRIBLE... to the point i'm thinking about spending a boat load of money for vibration and sound deadning control (Still thinking about it) but what is this about a microphone?

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
It's in the back seat area in the headliner. Pop the headliner down by the rear window (held up by 2 magnets) and disconnect microphone. Should help quiet down the interior

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
It's in the back seat area in the headliner. Pop the headliner down by the rear window (held up by 2 magnets) and disconnect microphone. Should help quiet down the interior
Should note that the mic is a pita to take out unless you just cut the wires

Sponsored

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
U just unplug it. I did mine 2 weeks after I got the car. Took me 2 mins.

OP
OP
Heardcuh

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Wait what? Microphone in the back? I installed an exhaust and it sounds TERRIBLE... to the point i'm thinking about spending a boat load of money for vibration and sound deadning control (Still thinking about it) but what is this about a microphone?

She shows you how super fast and simple

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
Is it the red and black wires or the purple and brown to unplug the mic

eXtremyst_v1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost PP

She shows you how super fast and simple
This link isn't bringing me to the right video lol what can I search to get to it? I took a look in my car to disconnect the mic and was able to find it right on the headliner, just not sure how to unplug it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Heardcuh

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This link isn't bringing me to the right video lol what can I search to get to it? I took a look in my car to disconnect the mic and was able to find it right on the headliner, just not sure how to unplug it.
Sit in the backseat and pull down on the headliner, you're not going to break it. You'll see the wires to the mic and the quick disconnect. Just gotta squeeze it and pull. Helps if you have a little light.

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Thanks so much for the info guys. I tried disconnecting the mic a while back but didn't notice much difference so plugged it back in. Reading all these posts though makes me want to disconnect it again.

I hope I can notice the difference now :)

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I removed it didn't notice a huge difference but i'll check it out on my ride home which is about an hour...should be a good test.

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
What exactly does the microphone do?
Sponsored