Sponsored

About to pull the trigger

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Afternoon all,

I'm a new member, in the market for a used Mustang.
I've had an eye on this forum for a while and have found the info really useful, but I was wondering if any of you have suggestions of what I should look out for when shopping around?

I'm thinking a metallic grey 5 litre, black racing stripes, black leather interior.

Any suggestions for spec I should definitely be looking out for?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Welcome!!

There are only 2 "specs"

Custom pack or no custom pack

With the custom pack you get silver wheels and window trims along with heated/cooled seats, shaper pro (sub in boot) and revers sensors.

Non custom pack come with black wheels and then the 3 options listed above had to added separately.
Stripes can be fitted after market for 300 quid so don't stress not finding factory fitted stripes.

Be interesting to see what deal you can get on a used car.

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
Black wheels or silver wheels?

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks guys.

Do all of the 5 litres come with things like the under mirror pony projection and interior lighting pack etc?

I've been offered a first edition from a private seller that looks really nice. I'd probably lean towards an auto, but a few people have warned against it.

Are there any specific issues that early cars had or anything I need to be wary of when checking possible options out?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You can choose GT or Eco, the gearbox, the paint colour, seat colour, custom pack (sat nav/audio, climate seats, reverse sensors, nickel wheels and chrome windows) or spec the satnav/audio, climate seats and sensors separately, in which case you can't have the nickel wheels and chrome. Everything else cosmetic like lighting is standard across the "range".

EDIT: :welcome: by the way ;)

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Thanks guys.

Do all of the 5 litres come with things like the under mirror pony projection and interior lighting pack etc?

I've been offered a first edition from a private seller that looks really nice. I'd probably lean towards an auto, but a few people have warned against it.

Are there any specific issues that early cars had or anything I need to be wary of when checking possible options out?

I might get some heat, but don't pay a premium for a "first edition" all that was extra was a different plaque and most were delivered after regular cars anyway.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I might get some heat, but don't pay a premium for a "first edition" all that was extra was a different plaque and most were delivered after regular cars anyway.
and some extra goodies for some of them.... and for most of them more trips to the dealers with faults :doh: .

[MENTION=26584]dansaleh[/MENTION]
All cars come with Puddle Lights (ponys in mirrors), Lighting pack (Ambient lighting and gauge lighting), along with the US-Premium trim (leather interior, Sync 3 touch screen, and other goodies).

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks guys, thats really useful.

I won't be paying much of a premium for the first edition, but like the idea of it having a numbered plaque. Its a pretty low number too.

Interested to hear if you guys think theres any specific issues I should be looking for?

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Under seal, panel alignment, pony puddle lights, recall on battery insulation cable, rear window alignment, paint blemishes, heated/cooled seats functioning, F5 sat nav card, oil cooler (only heard of one leaking)

Apart from that, the Coyote is bullet proof, typical Ford quality (poor to middling) on everything else, baring in mind what you get for £35k new, nothing else can touch it.

Warranty is fully transferable, Ford service, unfortunately is as well :)

Also, when it comes to the GT, ignore Manders :lol:

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you're leaning towards auto, don't let naysayers put you off. The manual stable would probably never consider an auto box (except maybe a dual clutch system) so that is why people would warn against.

I've had several torque converter autos and can't find anything particularly wrong with the 6R80 unit, it's probably the best I've driven so far.

Try and test drive both, then you'll know.

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
Auto v manual debat again!!
I understand manuals are more engaging but I'm getting old and sit in traffic everyday so I am getting an auto.
If you feel the stang is a sports car, want to boost bhp by 5 here and 5 there then it's manual you want
If you want a GT and feel it's a comfortable cruiser then you'll go for an auto.
As for mine... just 3 more sleeps!!!

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Don't be put off the auto if that is your preference,I was originally put off purely due to the fact that everyone else on the forums appeared to be buying manuals .
I changed my mind and bought the auto and in my opinion it is so suited to a big heavy car.It changes gear faster than my 996t did and I rarely drive it without the paddles anyway which gives me more than enough 'at one-ness' with the car.
Up to silly speeds it is at least as quick as the manual,and slightly more frugal on fuel.Auto sales have supposedly approached 50 percent apparently,so someone must be buying them.

My ever so 'umble' opinion of course,and others may just possibly disagree:D;)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Under seal, panel alignment, pony puddle lights, recall on battery insulation cable, rear window alignment, paint blemishes, heated/cooled seats functioning, F5 sat nav card, oil cooler (only heard of one leaking)

Apart from that, the Coyote is bullet proof, typical Ford quality (poor to middling) on everything else, baring in mind what you get for £35k new, nothing else can touch it.

Warranty is fully transferable, Ford service, unfortunately is as well :)

Also, when it comes to the GT, ignore Manders :lol:
This^. ALL of it. :D

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks guys.

I have driven both and really can't decide which I prefer.
Think I'd rather have a manual but can't seem to find one in a decent colour etc.

Any suggestions for stripe colour on metallic grey?
Sponsored