Sponsored

OPG FAILED last night, street car.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Great news! Good luck swapping all of that in. I actually bought OPG's and CS bc of this post, and will be installing them next weekend most likely. I was in your same boat, but now I realize it's way worth the added safety. So thanks for the post!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Great place to buy. I always shop around and 9 out of 10 times I come back to them.
I've heard the same, and that they charge 5% over cost.
Great news! Good luck swapping all of that in. I actually bought OPG's and CS bc of this post, and will be installing them next weekend most likely. I was in your same boat, but now I realize it's way worth the added safety. So thanks for the post!
Glad I convinced some people to make a good choice, trust me you don't ever want to hear that chime and see that warning at full song.

Such a good deal. Almost makes me want to buy a spare engine lol
Great buy for sure

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Im looking at upgrading some of the timing components and other things as well as the OPG and crank gears. I'm doing the MMR head cooling mod, as well as their secondary timing chain tensioner mod. I do have a question Imalso was thinking of upgrading the primary and secondary tensioners to the Boss cobra jet versions made for higher RPMS. My question is if their is any draw back to using these higher tension pieces on a daily driver?

http://www.levittownfordparts.com/mobile/ford-racing-boss-timing-chain-tensioners-p-2380.html

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im looking at upgrading some of the timing components and other things as well as the OPG and crank gears. I'm doing the MMR head cooling mod, as well as their secondary timing chain tensioner mod. I do have a question Imalso was thinking of upgrading the primary and secondary tensioners to the Boss cobra jet versions made for higher RPMS. My question is if their is any draw back to using these higher tension pieces on a daily driver?

http://www.levittownfordparts.com/mobile/ford-racing-boss-timing-chain-tensioners-p-2380.html
While not a DD, I have these on my car.

FRPP Oil Pump (has TSS gears in it)
MMR CG
Boss Timing Chain Tensioners
ATI damper

With the exception of the CG, all components from a Cobra Jet -- they go to 8k all the time.

The tensioners are noticeably different, if you can find a blown up picture, the "arm" of sorts is notched -- once out, they can't go back in! Stock ones don't have this. Also, stock == alum. Boss == steel.

For $90 +/- it was a good piece of mind. I know MMR makes almost all of the timing components for these cars, but I think you could snowball quickly and have a grand or more in pretty red billet pieces.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

MMR CG
ATI damper

With the exception of the CG, all components from a Cobra Jet -- they go to 8k all the time.

The tensioners are noticeably different, if you can find a blown up picture, the "arm" of sorts is notched -- once out, they can't go back in! Stock ones don't have this. Also, stock == alum. Boss == steel.

For $90 +/- it was a good piece of mind. I know MMR makes almost all of the timing components for these cars, but I think you could snowball quickly and have a grand or more in pretty red billet pieces.
I was only asking about the boss tensioners, wondering if their is any side effects to a higher rate chain tensioner of this nature on a daily driver?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I was only asking about the boss tensioners, wondering if their is any side effects to a higher rate chain tensioner of this nature on a daily driver?

0 issues.. Lots of boss motors driven as daily's

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
What did you guys pay to have the OPG and CG installed? Curious what the average labor rate is...

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.

MMR CG
ATI damper

Is it really worth it it to buy the entire FRPP oil pump over just the MMR OPG? What are the benefits? I thought the only possibly point of failure on the stock pump was the gears.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Is it really worth it it to buy the entire FRPP oil pump over just the MMR OPG? What are the benefits? I thought the only possibly point of failure on the stock pump was the gears.
Why is the FRPP oil pump better than just changing the gears, is the housing better?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
no. There is zero benefits.its just a convenient package if you need a new pump.

Why is the FRPP oil pump better than just changing the gears, is the housing better?
Its not.
Sponsored