Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I see this tune as something that fully unlocks the ecoboosts potential, give it a better feel in higher RPMS, and finally hang with if not pull away from the Corvette v6's.
Hold your horses there, friend. This thing hasnt even been dyno tested by the community yet. Also, how are you monitoring your charge air temperatures? I'm not talking inlet temps. The stock intercooler can easily skyrocket to 130+. Do we all have to go through this again?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Umm corvette v6?? What year are those? And I have been able to pull on and tear up tons of v8's with my tune + tune for a year now

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Umm corvette v6?? What year are those? And I have been able to pull on and tear up tons of v8's with my tune + tune for a year now
I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I went from a best of 5.7 0-60 to a best of 5.2 with a tune, exhaust and CAI. I have run up to 3 back to back 0-60 runs in 90+ degree weather with no degradation in the performance. .
0-60? Lol i'm not doubting the improvement but you were also letting off at 60 mph. Try trapping the quarter-mile 3 times back to back.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm not saying you are doing this but general info for people. If you are monitoring IAT (Intake Air Temperature), know that you are actually monitoring the temperature before it ever gets to the turbo so it has nothing to do with the efficiency of the FMIC (Front Mount InterCooler). That includes the reading built into the car.

To monitor the actual charge air temperature, (the air temp that really matters) you'll need a monitoring device. The COBB AP can monitor it or an OBD2 scanner, you need to monitor IAT2. That is the air temp after the intercooler that is being used for combustion and the one people are talking about getting up to 150*.
You might be able to see IAT2 if you start the car in engineering mode... I'll check next time I drive it.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I am with dgc333. NJ faced one of its hottest summers to date, and daily spirited driving, I did not go past 120 degrees. Only when I was in traffic on the hottest day I was around 150, and in which case, not going anywhere fast anyway. I see this tune as something that fully unlocks the ecoboosts potential, give it a better feel in higher RPMS, and finally hang with if not pull away from the Corvette v6's.
Of course... and I've said the same thing over and over.

Some sound like they need to justify their mods at every turn... :lol:

Don't get a IC and your car is will catch fire and explode all over the highway. Right....

I've heard it all from these "experts". That is why I mostly don't respond to their **** posts about ICs.

Any dealer updates on this ford tune install??? That is the real question.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Looking at CJPony parts today, looks like Ford got its CARB EO#

Included in Kit:
- Ford Performance Cold Air Intake Kit (P/N: M-9603-M23)
- Ford Performance ProCal Tool
So is the CAI included in the kit the GT350 CAI, or is it a new part? :shrug: I know the GT350 CAI is being released for the Ecoboost also...

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
It cant be the same part. The connection point is totally different. They make use the same air box so it looks similar but the air tube will be different.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
0-60? Lol i'm not doubting the improvement but you were also letting off at 60 mph. Try trapping the quarter-mile 3 times back to back.
I don't take the car to the track so I don't care. 0 to 60 is more reflective how I use the car.

As I have said a couple of times in this thread not everyone needs an upgraded intercooler, it's all dependent on how you use the car.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It cant be the same part. The connection point is totally different. They make use the same air box so it looks similar but the air tube will be different.
It's the GT350 intake box with a specific connection for the factory EBM intake tube. It'll be identical to the GT350 except for where it connects to the box.

Rankor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY Ecoboost 6R80
it's all dependent on how you use the car.
Exactly, if you use it as anything more than a prius, you should get an IC.

You really don't know how bad it is until you start monitoring charge temps. I ran the stock IC for almost 2 months and began questioning how bad it was myself. And then I started monitoring temps with the accessport, and was blown away by how hot my car got through "light spirited driving". I was heat soaked before even getting out of town to the highway.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Good luck to all.
Sponsored