Sponsored

Don't rely on compressor repair kit

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
Got in the car today and noticed a low pressure on the offside rear.
Stopped for a coffee and thought I'd use the repair kit compressor to top it up.

Seems to just let more air out than it puts in. The screw on connector just doesn't seat all the way and by the time you've got it as on as it goes you've lost 10psi. Then any you try to add just leaks out.

Give it a go and check. Don't count on it working when you really need it.

I'm off to a service station!:headbonk:
Sponsored

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Is it possible to use the Ford compressor without using the goo?

I've had foot pumps previously but the build quality is so poor that they just fall apart after a while. I might buy a separate compressor but one I had previously was rated with an impressive high pressure but the volume was so low that it was useless. Any recommendations?

OP
OP
sut72

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. It has a switch (air or goo). Not sure I'd try goo, It would have ended up all over the side of the car.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can second this. Tried using it when I got my puncture a few months back, as you say, it doesn't hold the pressure. Luckily I was across the road from a halfords who let me borrow one of their digital ones, think they are £10 ish.

Wonder id it's covered under the warranty? We should at least have something that works! Didn't attempt to use the goo in the Ford kit but imagine that doesn't work either :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can second this. Tried using it when I got my puncture a few months back, as you say, it doesn't hold the pressure. Luckily I was across the road from a halfords who let me borrow one of their digital ones, think they are £10 ish.

Wonder id it's covered under the warranty? We should at least have something that works! Didn't attempt to use the goo in the Ford kit but imagine that doesn't work either :lol:
Don't mention warranty again, I'd sooner jerk off with a cheese grater than try and get something out of them that's a legal req't.

Sponsored

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Tried mine before the NC500 and it worked ok so pot luck really.

Used the puncturesafe system before going to Scotland for peace of mind this is the stuff rally cars and commercials use, wont seal a sidewall but effective on normal sharp object penetration.This stuff stays in the tyre does not affect balance or TPMS.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine replaced by Ford as I had the same problem

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Tried mine before the NC500 and it worked ok so pot luck really.

Used the puncturesafe system before going to Scotland for peace of mind this is the stuff rally cars and commercials use, wont seal a sidewall but effective on normal sharp object penetration.This stuff stays in the tyre does not affect balance or TPMS.
Tried mine when I was actually on the NC500. Work okay but yeh, you have to screw in on and of as fast as possible and over inflate it to allow for the drop in pressure when removing.

Okay when you are in the middle of nowhere but a garage is better.

OP
OP
sut72

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to confirm I was talking crap and it, for some reason, worked fine when I was giving it the big demo at the dealers

This is more of a mystery as I got a mate to check the process him self without telling him the problem, and the same happened.

:frusty:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Same problem. The connection lets too much air out and to boot mine doesn't even work. I ordered a better one on Amazon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sut72

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)