Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So, Line-Lock has been found and enabled - but can that only be done on vehicles with a certain hardware package? The resulting info in this thread is not real clear if Line-Lock is only a software change via As Built or can only be activated if software and certain hardware coexists. Please clarify.

--

Also Just wondering ...

It has been reported on this site that Ford is able to tell when an S550 has been modified via a tune by way of "key starts". Have any of you found this section in the As Built where that bit could be reset as if a tune was never implemented?
1. I believe certain hardware modules are required for line lock, but not 100%. Someone should try it that doesn't have a GT.

2. I would assume this is in the PCM, so currently forscan cannot modify it. But I really have no idea.

Is the My Color found in the As Built?

If so, I was really curious if that feature is in the As Built if one could modify the DRL's to change color based on the user selected My Color?
1. yes, check the spreadsheet. forum member confirmed it works. just add hardware for mycolor then enable.

2. I wouldn't think this is possible. Do your DRLs change color???
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OT: of course this laptop was born with 7 and I downgraded it to XP :D
Now Dropbox drops the support to XP and since I need it, I upgraded to 8.1. Never used 7, only XP and 8 :)

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You're missing out. 7 is my fav. I installed 10 on my work PC to get familiar with it, but I mostly ended up disabling all the dumb stuff and making it work more like 7 with stuff like Classic Shell (which also works on 8!)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You're missing out. 7 is my fav. I installed 10 on my work PC to get familiar with it, but I mostly ended up disabling all the dumb stuff and making it work more like 7 with stuff like Classic Shell (which also works on 8!)
I forgot to say I always have Startisback (similar to classic shell) and configured win8 to act as much as XP as possible :) Don't need transparency\big tiles\useless visual eyecandy stuff.

Sorry for the OT!

About the thread: do someone ever found how to enable\disable the honk\double honk when locking\unlocking the car?

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
Champion! The error was entirely operator related.
If it makes you feel any better, I struggled with that since I've owned the car. I have no plans to destroy expensive tires with line lock, however I would have liked to know it works. Since realizing how to make it work, I still have not used it, but at least now I know how to should I decide to.:thumbsup:

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
Can you have the fog lights only come on with high beam only and not with lows? They are not much chop as fog lights in any case and may be handy to see if I can convert them to driving lights some how?
[MENTION=19128]Gnome[/MENTION], My instinct says yes, and that solution may come at some future date. My guess is firmware re-programming is required. I suspect it's more than just flipping some existing option bits in the firmware which is where we are now. Like you, I will stay glued to this thread to see what the Gurus of this thread will discover and develop. Of coarse you could hard-wire the solution if it's important to have it now.

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
To anyone who has done the Navigation modification. Sirrius says that my unit will not receive traffic data. Are they just going by the As Built data or is there a modification I need to make to allow my system to receive the traffic data.

Thanks, Ken

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
To anyone who has done the Navigation modification. Sirrius says that my unit will not receive traffic data. Are they just going by the As Built data or is there a modification I need to make to allow my system to receive the traffic data.

Thanks, Ken
They are going by your vin that says you don't have nav. It took some convincing on my side that I had the nav done after I purchased the car. All I wanted was the weather to work; Waze is far better for traffic.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

Thanks, Ken
don't you have to have a subscription to get sirius traffic/weather?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
don't you have to have a subscription to get sirius traffic/weather?
Yes, but when I called they gave me a run-around saying I didn't have nav so they couldn't enable it. I suspect that is the same issue Ken is having.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yes, but when I called they gave me a run-around saying I didn't have nav so they couldn't enable it. I suspect that is the same issue Ken is having.
weird, you'd think they wouldn't care as long as they get your money. can't you tell them you added nav after the fact, hence the reason the VIN doesn't show it?
Sponsored