Sponsored

Yet another suspention thread

millerd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I have a 2015 GT PP that I am ready to lower.

I don't want to give up ride quality but I want to close up the wheel gap.

I currently have the stock PP 19" wheel but I am planning to put 20x10 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear.

I would love to hear your thoughts and see what do you guys recommend.

Also has anyone seen/have a camera that can be wired into the display so when I pull up to park I don't scrape?
Sponsored

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
I'm in the same boat, probably going to go with BMR springs. Their "Performance" (SP080) setup is slightly stiffer than the PP springs and looks to be the sweet spot in drop (1.5 or 1" are the most common, BMR is 1.25" as far as I've seen).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Progressive Springs are the most popular & will give you a great ride quality.
They will lower the front by 1.25 & the rear by 1".

They are engineered in-house with proprietary CAD data & 3-D modeling ... we have them dialed in!

Great ride quality & with increased handling - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210/

Here are some reviews on the subject:

The car is a totally different handling car. Took the wife for a ride today and she said it is smoother than before. Much less bouncy. That is good news to me. Cause if the wife is happy I am happy. But I will say that these mods have really changed my confidence in the car. I had one little 30mile spirited section with S curves on my way home that normally when they say 45mph.. you can take them at 55mph... I took them at 70mph and the car was just planted solid. No roll, no rebound and no breaking loose on the rear when I accelerated from the apex. It just transitioned smoothly and predictably. Now the only thing the wife did notice was the gear whine. Yes the Red differential bushing will cause some gear whine, but I have been told that replacing the stock gear oil in the rear end will help quiet that noise down. We will see as I will most likely change mine out here in the next week. Amsoil or Royal Purple is what a lot of people recommended. So, all in all, if someone is on the fence about these suspension upgrades, just do it. The guys at Steeda are top notch and know their stuff. Almost all of them have Mustangs and the owner even races them. http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustan...15-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210/#sthash.iBqViSfN.dpuf
Happy to help answer any questions you may have ... don't have much feedback on your camera question.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
millerd79

millerd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] you think the progressive is the way to go over linear springs?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
@tj@steeda you think the progressive is the way to go over linear springs?
Our SP080 Performance Springs are designed for you.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1561&superpro=0

They offer what you are looking for, retain good rear suspension geometry, and they are also very well paired with the larger staggered wheel combos. During the design phase for these, taking into consideration the wheel/tire upgrades most of our customers would perform - was a large factor with the design.

SP080 (linear) springs are your best bet, in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@tj@steeda you think the progressive is the way to go over linear springs?
Absolutely, Progressive rate springs have a better ride quality than linear springs, especially when the initial rate is softer than the linear,

They give you the best of both worlds handling and exceptional ride quality.

Steeda Tech

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I have a 2015 GT PP that I am ready to lower.

I don't want to give up ride quality but I want to close up the wheel gap.

I currently have the stock PP 19" wheel but I am planning to put 20x10 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear.

I would love to hear your thoughts and see what do you guys recommend.
BMR's SP080 spring kit is what you're looking for. Also works very well with your stock PP dampeners.
1.jpg
Sponsored