lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Either my google skills are dying or active thermal management closed. I want to upgrade my already upgraded map intercooler and i teally liked atms design when it came out. There wasnt a definite answer as to what was the most thermally efficient intercooler btw, im open to suggestions if anyone has som hard data. Drilling is not my favorite thing to do btw
Sponsored

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I'm not sure if ATM is completely out of business, but word is that they stopped producing their IC for the EB. If you google "Ambient Thermal Management" you'll find their Facebook page. They haven't posted in a long time, so I'm not sure if they still exist or not. I would look into getting a Levels IC or if you can't wait then go with Speed Factory. Adam can get you one quickly for a good price.

Blay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Either my google skills are dying or active thermal management closed. I want to upgrade my already upgraded map intercooler and i teally liked atms design when it came out. There wasnt a definite answer as to what was the most thermally efficient intercooler btw, im open to suggestions if anyone has som hard data. Drilling is not my favorite thing to do btw
Get the levels one its great I have mine and works great for me here in PR but the downside is it will take about 2 months to get to you. The other option is speed factory but levels is a bigger core

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Yes I don't believe they're producing it anymore. Secondhand is the way to get one. And when they pop up, they sell fast.

The other stepped core is http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37367&highlight=stepped+core from Wagner Tuning.

I just put on my FFTEC/Garrett intercooler after having a MAP, and then a Levels. If you desperately want to spend some money I can't stop you, but your MAP unit is not as much of an under performer as you would think. It behaves almost exactly like my Garrett unit does which is taller and $900 brand new. Probably an anomaly but my Levels was my least favorite of the two. Unless you're able to almost break even on the upgrade (by selling your old one) I would spend the money a different way as I don't think you will see as big of a difference as the extra money would dictate. The MAP is one of the finer pieces out there. As I spent more money looking for something better, I became more impressed with it.

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yes I don't believe they're producing it anymore. Secondhand is the way to get one. And when they pop up, they sell fast.

The other stepped core is http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37367&highlight=stepped+core from Wagner Tuning.

I just put on my FFTEC/Garrett intercooler after having a MAP, and then a Levels. If you desperately want to spend some money I can't stop you, but your MAP unit is not as much of an under performer as you would think. It behaves almost exactly like my Garrett unit does which is taller and $900 brand new. Probably an anomaly but my Levels was my least favorite of the two. Unless you're able to almost break even on the upgrade (by selling your old one) I would spend the money a different way as I don't think you will see as big of a difference as the extra money would dictate. The MAP is one of the finer pieces out there. As I spent more money looking for something better, I became more impressed with it.
Im not hell bent on changing it, its just that weve been having 95-100 degree days for about a week now and was thinking the map was over its head. I also plan on swapping turbos ar somw point soon. But if the map is as good as whats out there ill keep it

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've sent them messages on Facebook, both to the company page and one of the owners, with no replies. It's sad that such a great design didn't last long. Whoever knows for sure what happened is keeping it a secret. I've been trying to find out for sure for a while if they're gone or not and NO ONE will tell me.

Last edited:

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I've sent them messages on Facebook, both to the company page and one of the owners with no replies. It's sad that such a great design didn't last long. Whoever knows for sure what happened is keeping it a secret. I've been trying to find out for sure for a while if they're gone or not and NO ONE will tell me.
I was looking for them while people were talking about the new atm fmics... all I found was a mysterious ambient thermal management link with no traces:shrug:

93tcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang
I bought one a year ago great product but I am not surprised if they went out of business, customer service was terrible missed numerous deadlines and were totaly lost on communication skills, business suicide !

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
So is the map unit as good as anything else? Is there simething out there that is noticeably better?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I bought one a year ago great product but I am not surprised if they went out of business, customer service was terrible missed numerous deadlines and were totaly lost on communication skills, business suicide !
I have one of the original production runs, I was like one of the first 10 to order, it's made from different material I believe and it has been amazing!! So are we saying my fmic is actually a commodity now?? ;). Lol glad I jumped on it when I did

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I have one of the original production runs, I was like one of the first 10 to order, it's made from different material I believe and it has been amazing!! So are we saying my fmic is actually a commodity now?? ;). Lol glad I jumped on it when I did
No, it's not. Sell it to me!:ninja:

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
So is the map unit as good as anything else? Is there simething out there that is noticeably better?

I think perfweld sold his ATM fmic for a Wagner evo1 or evo2 intercooler because he said he said on extreme track runs that it tended to run a fair bit cooler.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
ATM is selling their company to someone else and rumor has it they will continue the production of the ATM product line. Timeline is up in the air right now.

I have personally called out Wagner on their testing results and have seen their intercoolers on cars I have tuned. They work, but not anywhere near what ATM does at the track.

I am in the middle of testing the MAP Race intercooler and it is doing very well. Comparable to ATM and not a stepped core.

iaknown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW :)
Just came across this thread and wanted to let you guys know that ATM is absolutely back and restocking their existing product line.

How did you guys like their FMIC for the Mustang? Anyone running their charge pipe kit?
Sponsored