Sell it and buy a cobb , much nicer product. More options
That's exactly what I did a year ago, and best decision ever
Sponsored

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
I agree. I used SCT on my Mustangs going back to 2004 and the Cobb Accesport is a much better product.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
[MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] I presume your tunes don't work on the SCT Livewire TS+ Tuner? I ask because I already have one, and are currently weighing up between unleashed tuning and yourself.
Sorry, I only use the Cobb Accessport. On non-Cobb supported vehicles I use HPT.

As far as I knkw Adam is only doing Cobb accesport. At one point he was going to go the SCT route, but prob got busy with all the business he has. Good luck
No, it was just terrible so I refuse to use it lol.

Sell it and buy a cobb , much nicer product. More options
Agreed.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry, I only use the Cobb Accessport. On non-Cobb supported vehicles I use HPT.
Speaking of HPT, they're supposed to be releasing a significant definition update for the EBM today.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of HPT, they're supposed to be releasing a significant definition update for the EBM today.
It is just stuff I have been asking for since forever...

Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Ordered mine earlier, waiting on more info. Hope this is better than the canned tunes I got with my AP, neither one will boost over 15 psi.....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Tune+ 92/Methanol, GTX2867r Review

I hadn't had a chance to write up a complete review on my experience with and enjoyment of my tune/methanol kit/GTX2867R kit from Adam Brunson at Tune+ yet, and decided to take my downtime at work to do so. So here it goes:

First, customer service from Adam himself: He is a bit rough around the edges. A lot of people refer to him as #assholetuned. In my opinion this is not necessarily a bad thing. He is direct with his responses, but is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your car is running the best it can. There has been several occasions that he has replied to my questions/concerns well past "normal business hours." I have had several hiccups with my lack of true mechanics skills, but he was always there to diagnose the issue and ensure I was running correctly. With his help I was able to install everything that I have purchased through him myself; methanol injection kit, full GTX2867R turbo kit, UPR vertical links, and his tune. So all in all he is an outstanding individual.

Second; products: The first thing that I had purchased from Adam at Tune+ was his tune (which I will get to later) and his water/methanol injection kit. The water/methanol injection kit is a really clean product. The mounting brackets are a really nice touch, as I did not have to make any modification to my car. He even had a diagram and references for a failsafe, which I was able to install from simple products, without any electrical training or know how. There was a hiccup with the initial nozzle spraying, which again he walked me through, and was a hiccup from AEM, not Adam. The next product that I purchased from him was the UPR vertical links. They were a strait forward install, which was easy enough to do in my garage. They have helped a lot with traction, and clean launches. The last product, and the one that I am the most pleased with was the GTX2867R turbo kit. First, the price-point was outstanding. Second, the kit spools extremely quick, which you will see down in the graph I have attached. The kit itself was very easy to install. The only issues that I had with it was initially not all the parts were there. This was later identified to be a hiccup from MAPerformance. He convinced them to overnight me the parts, and I was able to finish the install the next day. The other issue that I had was coolant lines. The rubber lines that run in between the hot-side and cold-side of the turbo consistently busted, causing me to go through roughly 150 dollars worth of coolant. Eventually I went with braided line for the coolant and that sorted everything out. Over-all I am very pleased with the kit.

Lastly the tune and tuning process: I started my tuning process with Adam at Tune+ after having been tuned by BAMA with the XCT-X4. The tunes from them were extremely scary. The car would jerk, bounce in a pull, and occasionally over-boost. I eventually bought the Cobb Accessport and got him to tune. The process was fairly easy. I would receive a revision from him, log, and then the next day have a new revision. I did this process for 92 octane with stock turbo, then again 92/methanol stock turbo, then again 92 with gtx2867r, then again with 92/methanol and gtx. Process was smooth throughout, with him identifying things with the logs. The funniest thing he noticed was a bump in the really shitty Hawaii roads, that had me baffled that he could noticed. My car is finally done with the tuning process (until I go MS109 or e30/e85) and my car has been on a low reading dyno in Hawaii shit weather.
I

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Ordered mine earlier, waiting on more info. Hope this is better than the canned tunes I got with my AP, neither one will boost over 15 psi.....
Sounds like a boost leak or you had the wrong map slot selected once you flashed the tune

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Boost was fine up to 21 until I tuned it, as far as the map slot it's on 1 I'm pretty sure. I'll have to check....

Sponsored

hunterdg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
[...]He is a bit rough around the edges. A lot of people refer to him as #assholetuned. In my opinion this is not necessarily a bad thing.[...]
I run into this a bit myself as well in my area of expertise... it's a byproduct of being confident that we know what the hell we are doing... def not necessarily a bad thing! Though I do catch myself every once in a while and try to be a bit more humble.

i would love a white #assholetuned decal for my quarter window.
SAME, but red!

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
i would love a white #assholetuned decal for my quarter window.
Lol me too !!!!!!:cheers:

Mustangecoboosted , go e85 !!!! Its worth it and cheaper fuel prices !!

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Sorry Adam i dont think you are an asshole its just funny

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I'm the one that came up with #assholetuned so I prefer it.

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
So I'm definitely considering this since the Ford Performance tune is quite low (25hp, 70lb ft.). What I'm worried about is longevity of the engine, how have tune's held up for everyone?
I've got an EcoBoost PP w/ Ford Racing Sport Catback (quad tip GT350 valence) and was planning on the GT350 CAI to go with my RTR grille. I hear having a custom tune would be better to have the car running smoothly, any additional gains would be a plus of course :D.

TL;DR, how's the longevity on these tunes? I'm at 37,000 miles and would like to keep that going haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.