Sponsored

BMR Suspension was the best thing I've done so far - Install Photos inside!

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Firstly I'd like to preface this by saying I know I don't have a S550 like you guys (trust me I'd love one too), but I wanted to give a shout out to the guys at BMR for making some outstanding products. Thank you to everyone at BMR for making parts which actually make a difference. My mind was blown away :headbang:

Finding BMR and ordering nearly everything they have for the S197 chassis was the best decision I've made in a long while. When the parts first arrived I was beyond ecstatic, but upon opening everything up, I was still impressed with the quality, the precision in which the parts are made and of course how exemplary the service was, big kudos to Dylan and Kelly! After cleaning up the drool I decided to get a few photos for you guys and give you guys a report on how things went and my reactions after everything was installed.

Below, a list of all the BMR parts which were installed by some great guys at TAG Motorsports (Vista, CA). I'd recommend them to anyone on this forum as they did awesome and careful work. I've been to a considerable amount of shops in my lifetime from all the different cars I've owned, but TAG Motorsports seemed to care for my car as if it was their own, and that was really comforting. TAG Motorsports really does take into account the small details to make sure things are done perfectly. Big shout out to those guys too :)

- BMR Watts Link - Rod End/Rod End
- BMR K-Member w/ Lowered and SOLID Motor Mounts
- BMR Adjustable Lower A-Arms with Delrin Bushings/Rod Ends (19mm)
- BMR A-Arm Support Brace
- BMR Chassis Brace/Radiator Support
- BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets
- BMR Lower Control Arms - DOM - Double Adjustable Rod Ends
- BMR Strut Tower Brace (V8 w/o plenum cover)

TAG Motorsports took a few photos of the install so I could share with you all

29039400673_497eb04749_b.jpg

29039402043_61f3c59dc1_b.jpg

29039402873_8d57179404_b.jpg

29582715751_e20e862609_b.jpg

After TAG Motorsports installed everything and aligned the car I finally had a chance to drive around and get a good feel for things. Instantly the first thing that popped into my head after taking a couple corners was 'stability.' Just driving around normally you have this feeling of stability, it's a weird sensation since this car is completely void of any stability in factory form. The car feels way more agile, that's to say the least, but the way the car responds in extreme situations is actually very smooth, it's surprising. To elaborate what I mean by smooth, I'm referring to those guys who also road race like myself, and coming out of a corner and putting the power down with these cars is usually a game of balance to make the rear end not so twitchy. Coming around corners now it feels substantially more stable, but it's also much more predictable when you start to loose traction. Getting that traction BACK once you loose it is also much easier than it was without this equipment. Of course that's just the rear end though, now the front end is properly set the way it should be. Turn in feels more precise, it feels more balanced and feels more nimble, much easier to turn in now and you can feel the grip a bit better as well. Driving around you feel more at one with the car, like it's an existential part of you, which I know sound weird, but that's the feeling I get, and there's no better feeling than that if you ask me.

All in all, I'm extremely impressed. I should have done this YEARS ago, but clearly I put my priorities on other things first. I'm glad to have finally put this car together the way it should and I couldn't have been able to do it without BMR. Thanks to everyone at BMR for bringing all these products to the market, I couldn't be happier with the results.

Sponsored

Last edited: