Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
Are hard parts from guys with saggy pants and backwards hats okay then? I've been tuned for over 50k miles now by Adam. I trust his tuning as much, if not more, than the stock tune.

Also, while on the subject of the FP calibration, has anyone called Ford Performance to confirm what their 3/36 warranty replacement covers. I know it's a 'powertrain' warranty, but is it going to be the same process and limits as the factory powertrain warranty or will there by any differences. That's something worth checking into.
You can read details for the warranty on this link, just open up the PDF file.:)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/
Sponsored

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
You can read details for the warranty on this link, just open up the PDF file.:)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/
In a nutshell, if the Ford performance part did not cause the problem, the vehicle is covered under the original factory warranty; just like any other aftermarket part.
If the Ford part caused the problem, the vehicle is covered under a 36,000 mile warranty starting from the origin of the factory warranty.
The parts themselves are warranted for 36,000 miles.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That's an excellent price, especially for the tune and an intake.
Screenshot_2016-09-15-07-39-45~2.jpg

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
$100 off... I'm back to being enthused again... :lol:
Wonder if the $599 price is for good or just a current offering for a few months, also note that this is for pre-ordering, still wondering when one would actually get it.

Terry

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I was quite active in the Shelby Dodge Club back in the late 80s and yes Omni and Charger turbo cars were getting into the 10s for around $1000 dollars. The guys doing it were poster children for backyard engineering. Things like zener diodes across MAP sensors so the computer would never see an over boost condition, extra fuel injectors epoxied into the intake controlled by an adjustable pressure switch and bleeds in the waste gate circuit to increase boost were all just a few dollars. The biggest issue with the 2.2 when you started exceeding 20 psi of boost was keeping the head gasket in place. Guys solved that by adapting larger head bolts or studs from another application. These cars were certainly not elegant, weren't what I would call a street car and certainly didn't have a long life but the guys doing this loved embarrass the Mustang and Camaros at the Friday night test and tune.

Back in the day Gary was into Daytona's which were almost a 1000 lbs heavier than an Omni or Charger and it was harder to make the power for a 10 second run. Gary was also from a more traditional hot rodding back ground where you built a strong base before cranking up the wick. Plus his cars were much more civilized and street able when not on the track. So, yes he would have spent more than a $1000 to go test but nothing close to what you need to spend to get an Ecoboost Mustang into the 10s.

BTW, when I was done with my 89 Shelby Daytona I sold it to Gary.

I too had several turbo Dodges and an '89 CSX VNT. I remember Turbo Gus and Gary, they certainly helped to pioneer inexpensive ways to get down the track fast. Some of there findings, solutions and tech tips are still applicable today. This was still early on in the high horsepower FWD applications, so their influence definitely helped to solidify that you could go fast in a fwd turbocharged 4 cylinder.

I've provided some links below for those inclined;

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

http://www.gusmahon.org/index_main.htm

:cheers:

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Wonder if the $599 price is for good or just a current offering for a few months, also note that this is for pre-ordering, still wondering when one would actually get it.

Terry
You have to figure that if aftermarket shops are making offers like these, Ford must be giving them very convincing assurances that product will be available soon.

CRUM178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
  • Exclusive Ford Performance Warranty when Installed by a Authorized Ford Dealer
I remember reading when the GT Power Packs recently came out, you still got the Ford Performance Warranty if installed by someone with an ASE certificate. Would that also apply for this ecoboost pack, or does it have to be a Ford Dealer?

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
  • Exclusive Ford Performance Warranty when Installed by a Authorized Ford Dealer
I remember reading when the GT Power Packs recently came out, you still got the Ford Performance Warranty if installed by someone with an ASE certificate. Would that also apply for this ecoboost pack, or does it have to be a Ford Dealer?
Nice, good thinking, my local guy charges next nothing for installing stuff, would rather take it to him, if the ASE certification thing flys, lol.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base

Terry
It will ship out starting Sep 30th to your dealer. That's what FP told me on the phone

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
That's an excellent price, especially for the tune and an intake.
Yea it's pretty darn interesting, kind of want someone who is pro tuned to buy the kit and do a review between the two

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Yea it's pretty darn interesting, kind of want someone who is pro tuned to buy the kit and do a review between the two
Problem there is that the main reason to get this kit is to have the security of a factory warranty. Pro-tuned cars have already lost that so why waste the money?
You might get a pro to buy it so they can reverse engineer it and see Ford's approach to tuning.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Problem there is that the main reason to get this kit is to have the security of a factory warranty. Pro-tuned cars have already lost that so why waste the money?
You might get a pro to buy it so they can reverse engineer it and see Ford's approach to tuning.
Because I guarantee u like roush ford performance just asks if the car has been tuned, they aren't going to go through each and every ecu. So people who were pro tuned and have been waiting, will switch to this and get the warranty
Sponsored