Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
You have to continue holding the brake after the initialization step.

[ame]
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub for my color and some type of shift light.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Nope! Not that I need it to do skids but....

Yeah manual.

Car warmed up, 1st gear selected, clutch in, car straight and flat ground.
Track mode, select line lock and go through the sequence. Final ok still results in see manual.

Checked the USA owner manual and don't see any other condition I haven't met so must need some asbuilt data in one of the modules maybe?

EDIT: Just realised after watching a video linked on the FORScan forum, I'm not getting the 15 sec countdown start. Will have another go and report back!
I have been trying to get the Line Lock enabled on my Ecoboost car, but seems like you are getting further than I am. Enabled it in IPC and ABS, but my car throws all kinds of ABS codes and lights, and option stays grayed out in Track Apps.

My guess is I need the ABS module reprogrammed but at a lost on how to do so.

Sounds like you already have the ABS programming for Line Lock since you are a GT, because you are getting further than I am when enabling the same settings.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just a curiosity question - when police dark mode is enabled are the mirror pony lights disabled too?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have been trying to get the Line Lock enabled on my Ecoboost car, but seems like you are getting further than I am. Enabled it in IPC and ABS, but my car throws all kinds of ABS codes and lights, and option stays grayed out in Track Apps.

Sounds like you already have the ABS programming for Line Lock since you are a GT, because you are getting further than I am when enabling the same settings.
ecoboost doesn't have the required hardware. you're right, in this case it's a GT that gov't nannies disabled in his location, but still has the hardware.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Just a curiosity question - when police dark mode is enabled are the mirror pony lights disabled too?
yes. as well as the gill lights when you unlock the car. it's wonderful. the puddles are cool, but I stopped noticing them at all.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
ecoboost doesn't have the required hardware. you're right, in this case it's a GT that gov't nannies disabled in his location, but still has the hardware.
You may be able to use a GT ABS module at that point. Or swap out just the board to get the Ecoboost to accept the programming correctly. I don't know where we could find the firmware for an ABS module without downloading it (somehow) from an abs module in a car that already has it.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Pretty sure the EB, V6, GT all have the same part numbers for ABS modules, so hardware should be there. Just a programming issue I am thinking. This seems out my realm of knowledge though.

I think a Ford IDS might be able to re-program the ABS Module using the right as-built data from a GT car.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Pretty sure the EB, V6, GT all have the same part numbers for ABS modules, so hardware should be there. Just a programming issue I am thinking. This seems out my realm of knowledge though.

I think a Ford IDS might be able to re-program the ABS Module using the right as-built data from a GT car.
compare ABS module in GT and EB, see if anything there (if it's true it's only software that's missing and not hardware)

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L

I was just poking around this thread...

I am curious on your ABS lights. Did you happen to touch memory block 760-01-01 through 760-01-04?

If so, that is why you got an ABS light. Also, probably threw a VIN mismatch code. That block contains the VIN in hex form to make sure the ABS doesn't work if it is vehicle swapped. Don't modify memory block 1 in the ABS.

You will find the VIN in these modules also:

bcm (726-09-01 through 726-11-01),
fcim (7A7-02-01 through 7A7-02-04),
abs (760-01-01 through 760-01-04)
ccm (764-02-01 through 764-02-04)
sodl ( 7C4-07-01 through 7C4-07-04)
sodr ( 7C6-07-01 through 7C6-07-04)
rcm (737-01-01 through 737-01-04)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I finally received my obdlink and connected yesterday.
First thing I want to do is disable the infamous belt-minder. On export models the procedure written in US manual doesn't work and you have to ask the dealer (as stated in our manual). I obviously asked the dealer but they are not able to do it, they don't know how to do, their software is not updated, blah blah blah.. don't know what they did but without realizing it they disabled driver's beltminder.
So now I have only passenger beltminder enabled.

Now I don't have my car here but checking yesterday I found beltminder status in a module, and it showed 'disabled' for both driver and passenger.

Checking the F-150 spreadsheet, they reported this values:

720-01-01 xxxx xx2x xxxx Driver seatbelt minder status off
720-01-01 xxxx xx4x xxxx Passenger seatbelt minder status off
720-01-01 xxxx xx0x xxxx Driver & passenger seatbelt minder status off

Do you think guys if this is the right way to go?
Sponsored