Sponsored

Line lock who's not using it?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
So never tried it yet at the track. Been just doing it old fashioned way turning off tc and doing that way but have issues with the nannies kicking in stopping my burnout sometimes. Do the nannies kick in using line lock and is it pretty easy to do? Don't want to be that guy at the line taking forever trying to engage the line lock.

I tried pulling the abs sensor and that worked well til I hit the hooks doing 140 thru the traps. Locked Em up and scared the shit out of the guy I was racing.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I have never used it either.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i disabled advancetrack (didnt pull the fuse) as i was on skinnies and didnt want to lock them up on the short shutdown the backwoods track i was at had.

just did the burnout by brakestanding it, then stalled it to 1500. tried linelock but it was way too complicated to work in the burnout box. didnt want to engage.

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
I use Line Lock everytime, it only takes a few seconds to activate if you do all the steps before pressing the brake down all the way and engaging it. You can move the car up to about 10MPH with the Line Lock on the pre-activation steps/menu.

Edit: I like the idea of not pre-maturely wearing the rear brakes and or warping the rotors overtime.

Sponsored

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I too have used it a few times. Works very well once you get the hang of it.

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I don't pull any fuses. I hold traction off for 7 seconds and then use line lock. I get a much better burn out than a power break. It works very good.

I have it pulled up on track apps before I'm instructed to roll through the burnout box.
Once they waive me forward I hit and hold ok as I pull forward..
After I roll through the water I push the brakes hard and hit ok and its ready.

Try going through the steps a couple times on the street and get familiar with it. Once you do it its very easy.

Last edited:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I don't use it ... takes too much time ...Track guys start yelling at me ... Half the time the damn thing doesn't work anyway..

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I use it every time, does take a few extra seconds and the dragstrip guys are always waving me on like I'm a newb, but I get the best burnouts with line-lock.

Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
I don't pull any fuses. I hold traction off for 7 seconds and then use line lock. I get a much better burn out than a power break. It works very good.

I have it pulled up on track apps before I'm instructed to roll through the burnout box.
Once they waive me forward I hit and hold ok as I pull forward..
After I roll through the water I push the brakes hard and hit ok and its ready.

Try going through the steps a couple times on the street and get familiar with it. Once you do it its very easy.
This is almost exactly how I do it. If you set it up in the staging lanes, you only have to press a button one more time and apply the brakes. It's not that hard guys.

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
I use mine at the track also. The first few times the track guy was looking stupid waving his hands and jumping telling me to come on. I get mine set now while I am waiting to pull in the water. I back in the water and pay them no mind now lol. I get it set and do my burnout

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i disabled advancetrack (didnt pull the fuse) as i was on skinnies and didnt want to lock them up on the short shutdown the backwoods track i was at had.

just did the burnout by brakestanding it, then stalled it to 1500. tried linelock but it was way too complicated to work in the burnout box. didnt want to engage.
op, are you turning off TC AND doing this?? apparently turning off TC is not all you hafta do to turn off TC...i know, weird

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
You have to turn off trac and advance trac or the nannies will disrupt your burnout.The linelock works awesome and if u practice it is very easy to use,but if u miss one step it will not work.Probably 90% of guys saying linelock does not work is because of missing a step.
Sponsored