Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Did I miss an announcement of Ford adding the Auto up/down one touch button function to the 2017 S550? While I was looking at a GT350 in the showroom today I saw that listed on the window sticker. We need that on the 2016s :frusty:
Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
The 2016's do have it, but only on the fastbacks. Not on the verts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Okay so they don't trust us Vert owners. Oh well.

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
Yea has to be a vert thing, mine has it as well. Interesting that the verts don't get it actually..

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I am thinking its a safety thing with the convertible tops. Can't think of what it could be, but our windows come down before the top comes down. So there must be some sort of a safety reason for no auto up...:shrug:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thinking about this a bit more, maybe it has something to do with the bounce back of the windows. Auto up windows have a bounce back feature. So if you have your hand, head or whatever other appendage you have in the window while the window is going up the window will reverse direction when it senses more pressure (tension) than normal.

The convertibles don't have the rigidity on the window top like the coupes do. So when the auto up hits the point of bounce back, it has travelled further than in a coupe. in other words, the window is tighter before going back down. Maybe the auto up is disabled to help with preventing injuries when putting the window up.:shrug:

And maybe I am just full of crap....:headbonk:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Did I miss an announcement of Ford adding the Auto up/down one touch button function to the 2017 S550? While I was looking at a GT350 in the showroom today I saw that listed on the window sticker. We need that on the 2016s :frusty:
? my 15 has auto up/down.

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Hello I have a problem with my switches. If i push the button even half way, the window goes all the way down as if I pushed it all the way for auto down. If i want to crack the window, I have to catch it and pull the switch up to stop it.

Is there a reprogram for the window?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Hello I have a problem with my switches. If i push the button even half way, the window goes all the way down as if I pushed it all the way for auto down. If i want to crack the window, I have to catch it and pull the switch up to stop it.

Press it twice.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

Yes, you hold the button down all the way to lower then window down and hold for 3 more seconds after the window is down. Do the same for up.
However I think your switch is probably bad.