Sponsored

What ever happened to the BMR K-Member? GR40?

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So I've been scrounging around the interweb looking for any possible means necessary to improve my front/rear weight bias and I came across a thread from svtperfromance in 2014 where a BMR rep was showing off a prototype K-member for the S550. It would appear that it never surfaced. What happened?

On another note, does anyone have an idea as to what's going on with Griggs Racings' S550 setup. The website says "Yes! It's in development, but for all I know that could have been posted at the same time as the aforementioned BMR K-Member thread :shrug:
Sponsored

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
BMR has not released their K member yet.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to BMR the other day about it. Bottom line is that it is big, it's expensive, and the weight savings was not quite what they wanted. It wasn't a road they thought best to travel down.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I spoke to BMR the other day about it. Bottom line is that it is big, it's expensive, and the weight savings was not quite what they wanted. It wasn't a road they thought best to travel down.
Now with that said I have to say that is a smart decision. :thumbsup:

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
And how does this answer OPs question? All this would do is shift weight balance forward, exactly the opposite of what the car needs.

Griggs could be good but unless you shift the motor back and thus deal with all of those complexities (expenses) there won't be much to gain (lose).

That said, if we could drop say 20lbs from the k member and move battery to trunk we might achieve a worthwhile shift in bias. Anyone making batt relocation kits for these?
Sponsored