Sponsored

Roush axle back with h pipes not deep and too loud!

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
So I finally decided on the roush axle backs with the h pipe because of how well its been talked about on this forum. I installed them today and its very very loud. I wouldn't mind the loudness if the exhaust was deep sounding, but sadly its not. This exhaust isn't very deep sounding at all. Im gonna keep the h pipe but anyone recommend a good deep sounding axle backs?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally decided on the roush axle backs with the h pipe because of how well its been talked about on this forum. I installed them today and its very very loud. I wouldn't mind the loudness if the exhaust was deep sounding, but sadly its not. This exhaust isn't very deep sounding at all. Im gonna keep the h pipe but anyone recommend a good deep sounding axle backs?
My JBAs are quite deep and I like them.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I think the Roush + X pipe is a bit more common than the H. Could be wrong.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you want to keep it loud still you can try this:

[ame]

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
If you want a little quieter with a deeper tone maybe try the borla s type stingers axle back. I have them with x pipe and resonator delete and they have a great deep aggressive sounding tone with little to no drone and moderate volume (and I have no cats). Mine will be for sale next week too

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
This is funny I just switch from Borla s-type to Roush with my H pipe. It's way deeper I think. It's definitely a different sound. I think the Roush is like stock on the highway and at idle just a little louder than stock. Hit the gas and all hell comes out. I think this is perfect for daily driving. This is my 3rd setup so far.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I went with Kooks full system from headers, Green cats on back with H pipe and it is very very deep, not as loud as the Corsa Sport but not as high pitched either. Only thing I miss about the Corsa is at WOT that Corsa screamed, and the zero drone.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
When I was researching the same thing I came to the determination there are two distinct classes who are giving opinions, and I feel its generational based. Firstly, those who just say things like, it "sounds awesome", or "I love it" with no true descriptive wording need to be ignored. Second, the younger crowd just loves the volume and couldn't care less about tone. They also love the rasp and pops and crackles and occasional backfires. I think this comes from growing up with fart cans on ricers and are trying to carry that over to the Coyote. Us older guys, who grew up with big blocks and naturally aspirated muscle can appreciate a good rumble and growl without the screaming out loud, until you really need it.
So after hours of you-tube videos run thru my home theater, I settled on just res delete and X-pipe and wouldn't want anything more.

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
I went with Kooks full system from headers, Green cats on back with H pipe and it is very very deep, not as loud as the Corsa Sport but not as high pitched either. Only thing I miss about the Corsa is at WOT that Corsa screamed, and the zero drone.
Are the corsa sports pretty loud with normal acceleration too? I have no cats with a resonator delete x pipe and I have a corsa sport axle back sitting here waiting to be installed. With my current setup my borla s types are a little too quiet for me, hoping the corsa sports give me more volume

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
My JBAs are quite deep and I like them.
Never heard of them. Ill youtube it

If you want to keep it loud still you can try this:

I was debating these with the roush before I bought them. I heard the magnaflows had a lot of drone which made me stay away. The good thing about the roush that I have now is that it doesn't drone.

This is funny I just switch from Borla s-type to Roush with my H pipe. It's way deeper I think. It's definitely a different sound. I think the Roush is like stock on the highway and at idle just a little louder than stock. Hit the gas and all hell comes out. I think this is perfect for daily driving. This is my 3rd setup so far.

Really? So that means im staying away from the borla s-type. lol

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd look and see if ARH make just an axle back. I have the ARH catback and it's deep down low but above 4-5k it really howls. It sounds great. No drone, and dead quiet on the interstate or cruising. In all honesty I wish it was slightly louder, but it would probably be perfect for adding catted headers, volume wise. There's no rasp or negative sounds I've heard.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Are the corsa sports pretty loud with normal acceleration too? I have no cats with a resonator delete x pipe and I have a corsa sport axle back sitting here waiting to be installed. With my current setup my borla s types are a little too quiet for me, hoping the corsa sports give me more volume
I had Corsa Cat Back with Headers and yes it was loud when you were on the throttle even a little bit but WOT was awesome. Put them on you should like the sound. I changed because I was looking for a deeper tone. Yes the older guy sound as I'm 59!!!

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Really? So that means im staying away from the borla s-type. lol[/QUOTE]

Mine are for sale!!! I'll have them clean up and pictures taken this weekend.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard of them. Ill youtube it

I was debating these with the roush before I bought them. I heard the magnaflows had a lot of drone which made me stay away. The good thing about the roush that I have now is that it doesn't drone.

Really? So that means im staying away from the borla s-type. lol
Mine with X pipe. It would be deeper with an H pipe for sure. It's actually much deeper inside the car and very clean and smooth. For ~$360 they're very good value, too.

[ame]

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
[ame]
Sponsored