Sponsored

HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I finally got around to getting this installed. I think I was one of the original guys to start buying all the stuff to make this work. I worked with Jesse OEMRadio to get this thing up and going. Even though I shipped a broken CD player and ended up have to find another it's finally installed. THANKS A LOT TO JESSE!!!! Would not have taken the chance of doing this myself otherwise. I also finally installed the Carbon Dynamics Steering Wheel!!!:headbang:
Looks great!
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ok.. That makes sense.. Well.. I'll be here when you're ready
OEMRadio, do you have a shop in the Dallas area? Do you offer installation of this upgrade so that if me & my Mustang were going to be in town could you do itt?

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Picked up a premium bezel today, so I'll be selling my modified base bezel soon. I can save someone a few bucks that's wanting to do this.
How much are those things going for nowadays? I think I might be done with my Tomtop and try again with OEMRadio

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
How much are those things going for nowadays? I think I might be done with my Tomtop and try again with OEMRadio
I have $150 in my base bezel. I kept my stock bezel as is and bought another base bezel and a shapeways bezel. Paid $75 for the base bezel and another $75 for the shapeways piece. I'd let the complete assembly go for $100 shipped.

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
OEMRadio, do you have a shop in the Dallas area? Do you offer installation of this upgrade so that if me & my Mustang were going to be in town could you do itt?
I dot have a shop.. but can do the install.. not a problem..

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I have $150 in my base bezel. I kept my stock bezel as is and bought another base bezel and a shapeways bezel. Paid $75 for the base bezel and another $75 for the shapeways piece. I'd let the complete assembly go for $100 shipped.
I'm talking about the premium bezel :)

west79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I did the MYFORD touch swap in my mustang. Everything works as it should except the NAV. The map displays but is not my location it seems like it has no GPS signal if anyone has any id3as as to what I might have missed I would appreciate any suggestions.
20160828_191340_1472505451962.jpg

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I did the MYFORD touch swap in my mustang. Everything works as it should except the NAV. The map displays but is not my location it seems like it has no GPS signal if anyone has any id3as as to what I might have missed I would appreciate any suggestions.
Is there movement of the pointer on the map or does it always stay in the same location?

Sponsored

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
that's ford motor company's street. Seems to be stuck in a default.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
that's ford motor company's street. Seems to be stuck in a default.
There is an nav fault error causing the unit to default to Ford's address. This is caused by loose or non existent connections to MS CAN 2 where the GPSM resides. These leads are the ones that need to be tapped into from the front panel connector.

ShaneS550

ShaneS550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang RubyRed
I'm running into the same problem as West79 except mine has OEMRadio's address since I had him program it. And it always shows the message something like "nav not functioning, contact dealership' or 'insert valid SD card'. Any help to resolve this would be helpful, thanks guys.

Zack...can you please dumb it down for me a bit on what might be the problem like that MS CAN2?

Anybody in California near the Central Valley install a successful upgrade with Nav?..any personal help would be great, maybe I missed something too.
-thanks guys

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm running into the same problem as West79 except mine has OEMRadio's address since I had him program it. And it always shows the message something like "nav not functioning, contact dealership' or 'insert valid SD card'. Any help to resolve this would be helpful, thanks guys.

Zack...can you please dumb it down for me a bit on what might be the problem like that MS CAN2?

Anybody in California near the Central Valley install a successful upgrade with Nav?..any personal help would be great, maybe I missed something too.
-thanks guys
Sorry about the late response! MS CAN 2 is the data connection that the GPS antenna exists on. These are the leads pulled from the radio bezel. If they are not connected or are loose then the navigation error will be displayed.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So I have a question for those that have done the MFT/Sync 3 swap. I am finally going with an OEM Sync 3 but will be doing an updated version of my base bezel modification. My problem is that while I have the faceplate, I sold the backplate with the clips.... So my question is, does anyone have a base bezel that would be willing to let me steal the backplate from?
Sponsored