Sponsored

Quicker throttle response

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
what some don't realize, just because the throttle is all the way down, does not mean the throttle blade is open as much either.

i was with lund when he took delivery of his 2013 gt500 a couple years back an did the driving for him while he started working on the tuning.

even at "wot", the throttle blade wasn't 100% open til nearly 6000 rpms.

just because the pedal is down, your not getting the same effect

This also. But even giving them the benefit of their assumption being correct, having to push the pedal down much further when trying to rev match, takes more time and hinders the overall timing. Me being able to lightly press the throttle and get more responsive makes the overall experience better for ME. No one is claiming this a supercharger ffs.
I don't understand why some are so bent out of shape about it.
Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yes, all it does is amplify the signal. I believe the only options are 0%, 25%, 50%, 60%, 75%, and 100%. With the knob you can do them all, without the knob you can only do what is not bolded.

I promise you though that you cannot replicate the PedalMAX on a stock car. I know, I have one.

Listen guys, I am not a salesman. I have no stock in these. I was skeptical too, but a forum member hooked me up with a good price on one. I couldn't care less if people buy one or not, my only goal is to clear up the confusion on them. Honestly, I think for what it does it is priced way too high. But, never the less it works for what it is intended to do.

I have said this before, but it's probably far back, that this is NOT a performance mod. This is 100% a driveability mod. The simplest way to describe is do you like the throttle response difference in Sport/Track mode compared to Normal mode? Because that is exactly what this thing does with more varying options.
I didn't know jack about these things before reading this thread. I for one appreciate the info and your explanation. As someone who doesn't plan to heavily modify my car I can see the appeal. But at the price it seems like just driving in sport mode is a cheaper option. Any way to each there own. Not sure why this got so personal with a few folks. But you can't have a car forum without misinformation and arguing I guess.

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
I have the sport mode option. It blows it out of the water. Think of sport mode response x5. That is what it is offering. The ability to feel the car's power right then and there makes the 5.0 a different beast. Your MPG will go down if you have it at 100%, so don't be surprised. One you will drive harder, and the other is that it is opening the throttle. You can even feel the car surge when you turn the nob from 0-100.

Trust me, I didn't like spending as much as I did for this item. Overtime it has paid off with how much more fun it makes my car. I think someone is offering 30 days trial if you don't like it. I don't see any one sending it back.

Dolsvt00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
I didn't know jack about these things before reading this thread. I for one appreciate the info and your explanation. As someone who doesn't plan to heavily modify my car I can see the appeal. But at the price it seems like just driving in sport mode is a cheaper option. Any way to each there own. Not sure why this got so personal with a few folks. But you can't have a car forum without misinformation and arguing I guess.
Not all cars have the ability to do that, these adapters are a viable solution for those not wanting a tune.

Personally I drive mine around in normal, I feel its more comfortable. Then again I have a blower on mine, and honestly quicker to go wot equals quicker to need new tires. Even when I was N/A I drove normal mode, but again, intake, exhaust and a tune N/A I didn't find myself needing anymore throttle response, i just used the modes to get rid of the nannies.

My opinions will differ from everyone else, because honestly I never drove the car sock. I literally backed my car off the truck with 1 mile, hooked my laptop to it and tuned it in the ford dealership parking lot. When the sales men said, "you'll void your warranty" I said, so what, you wanna see a burnout? Then I told them I wouldn't let a ford dealership clutz wannabe mechanic ASE bullcrap certified monkey change the oil in my lawnmower.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Not all cars have the ability to do that, these adapters are a viable solution for those not wanting a tune.
Not all cars have the ability to do what? Not sure what you mean here.

Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Base doesn't have the same modes the Premium does. So it feels like we are always stuck in normal.
Oh gotcha. I keep forgetting that.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, all it does is amplify the signal. I believe the only options are 0%, 25%, 50%, 60%, 75%, and 100%. With the knob you can do them all, without the knob you can only do what is not bolded.

I promise you though that you cannot replicate the PedalMAX on a stock car. I know, I have one.

Listen guys, I am not a salesman. I have no stock in these. I was skeptical too, but a forum member hooked me up with a good price on one. I couldn't care less if people buy one or not, my only goal is to clear up the confusion on them. Honestly, I think for what it does it is priced way too high. But, never the less it works for what it is intended to do.

I have said this before, but it's probably far back, that this is NOT a performance mod. This is 100% a driveability mod. The simplest way to describe is do you like the throttle response difference in Sport/Track mode compared to Normal mode? Because that is exactly what this thing does with more varying options.
Yes you can. Press the gas pedal down much faster to the halfway point then slow it down to the end point.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Yes you can. Press the gas pedal down much faster to the halfway point then slow it down to the end point.
Look at it like this, you can press the pedal faster and harder without the device to get the same effect as someone pressing the pedal lighter and slower who has the device...so which would you prefer? These throttle controllers make the pedal that much more touchy. It gives you the same or better throttle action for much less effort. You can run a mile in dress shoes and a tuxedo or you can run that same mile in Asics and running gear...just don't fool yourself into thinking that its the same.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
All I know is that pedalmax was a huge game changer for myself. Car felt sluggish and slow before...too much pedal lag.

Even with a FF lund tune running e85, the pedalmax still makes a significant difference.

People that have never tried it are in no position to give a constructive opinion.

You can't train your foot enough to replicate what this device does, not possible...I don't know the how engineering explanation behind it but there is an overwhelming majority of people that are very happy with it, including myself.

Can't please everybody though, that's life!

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Like I said farther back in the thread. It feels like I changed the 3.15 rear to a 3.73 or even 4.10 depending on setting. The car feels like what a 400hp should feel like taking off. No more lugging around in D searching for a gear when not driving on highway. My wife who did not know I put a enhancer on asked last night on a ride. "what did you do to the car? It feels a lot faster" And YES IT DOES. Well worth the investment on my now 3k mustang WITH warranty. Worth every cent. If you don't have please exit now with opinions!!!!!!:paddle:
I have a PEDAL COMMANDER not Pedalmax. Check it out

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
All these devices simply reduce pedal modulation. It's funny, all of the foxbody guys complain how a large throttle body gives them an on/off switch yet all of the s550 guys complain that they want an on/off switch.

IMHO, the normal setting is a great daily driver setting. It keeps pedal modulation smooth and allows for better fuel economy.

For spirited driving, sport mode nails the throttle modulation. Tip in is great and it allows for a much more sporty feel. Fuel economy for me definitely suffers, as I drive much more spirited as a result.

Track mode allows me to act like a complete douche when I want to. I really don't live here often, as I don't have a need for burnouts or attention from the fuzz.

Again, opinions are just that...but I think Ford nailed the settings for the 99%.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
i cannot thumbs up this post enough.
Lol clueless

Take 2 identical cars, put the pedalmax one one and race them. Slam the gas pedal on both at EXACTLY the same time, same force. The pedalmax car will take off sooner even though both were floored at the exact same time. The pedalmax responds to throttle input sooner. Those saying all it does is give a 20% response to 10% input are speaking out of ignorance. The amplified signal actually quickens how soon the car responds. No matter how quick footed you think you are, you cannot replicate these things by pressing harder and faster. If you cannot comprehend this you probably on the wrong forum.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Lol clueless

Take 2 identical cars, put the pedalmax one one and race them. Slam the gas pedal on both at EXACTLY the same time, same force. The pedalmax car will take off sooner even though both were floored at the exact same time. The pedalmax responds to throttle input sooner. Those saying all it does is give a 20% response to 10% input are speaking out of ignorance. The amplified signal actually quickens how soon the car responds. No matter how quick footed you think you are, you cannot replicate these things by pressing harder and faster. If you cannot comprehend this you probably on the wrong forum.
Did you measure it ? Shows proof or quit calling people ignorant if all you have is "your feeling"
Sponsored