Sponsored

Best suspension mod after whipple install?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
First and foremost: tires tires TIRES. The best suspension in the world won't hook with Whipple torque on stock tires. In addition to stickier tires, I'd suggest UPR vertical links and Viking or Ridetech shocks.

I couldn't agree more!

Just had my new 325/30/19 and 285/35/19 MPSS mounted to my new Forgestar CF10's :headbang:

Unfortunately they will sit for 2 months as I wait for my new car but thats another story.

With big names in the industry like Steeda, BMR & UPR you most certainly can't go wrong. TJ, David, Kelly, Sharad, Joe just to name a few of the best folks around. I have had the pleasure of dealing with each and ever one of them and they are top notch guys.

Oh, and welcome to the Whipple family!!!!
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

Raul-7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 S-code FB
My recommendation, and what I feel is the best solution on the market would be this combination of parts.

CB005 - Cradle bushing lockout Kit
BK055 - RLCA Bearing Upgrade Kit
TCA045 - Billet Bearing Vertical Links

Less than $800, and the most proven products available. :cheers:
If you need any further assistance, or have questions, do not hesitate to ask!
What about upgrading to true coilovers; does this make a marked improvement in handling?

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What about upgrading to true coilovers; does this make a marked improvement in handling?
Yes! That's why I mentioned Ridetech. I put the Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers (from UPRproducts.com) on my car and they made a day and night difference. Here's my install thread:

Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers installed

TX302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto GT PP
First and foremost, I suggest removing the sloppy deflection that is found in the S550's rear IRS system. Not only is this deflection present when putting load (racing, WOT, having FUN) but it is also very drastic when just commuting. The amount of deflection and promoted oscillation within the rear IRS/Suspension during a normal drive to the store is absurd!

My recommendation, and what I feel is the best solution on the market would be this combination of parts.

CB005 - Cradle bushing lockout Kit
BK055 - RLCA Bearing Upgrade Kit
TCA045 - Billet Bearing Vertical Links

Less than $800, and the most proven products available. :cheers:
If you need any further assistance, or have questions, do not hesitate to ask!
How much additional road noise should I expect if I do the upgrades?

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
How much additional road noise should I expect if I do the upgrades?
With the parts I listed?

Very minimal. May not even notice it at all. :cheers:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Absolutely! If you are hesitant, skip the BK055 and put it towards other items. Lowering springs for example. ;)

SP080
CB005
TCA045

There ya go!
Hi there Kelly,

What would be the difference if one orders the TCA046 or TCA047? I've read the page and it says it needs other parts. What are these other parts? Is the increase of NVH that noticable?

I'm just starting out, and I'm planning to get CB005, CB006, one of the the vertical links. If you convince me, I might even get the toe links (honestly, I'm not very comfortable with the adjustments, planning to get the PP toe links).

The other questions would be 1)does one need alignment afterwards, and 2)which of these parts need to be torqued with 4 wheels on the ground.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for noob questions...lol

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Responses in bold. :cheers:

Hi there Kelly,

What would be the difference if one orders the TCA046 or TCA047? I've read the page and it says it needs other parts. What are these other parts? Is the increase of NVH that noticable?

I do not ever recommend anything other than TCA045. I do not believe that Delrin belongs on vertical links, and the only reason we wended up making them available was because the market wants them.

Get the TCA045 and dont look back.

I'm just starting out, and I'm planning to get CB005, CB006, one of the the vertical links. If you convince me, I might even get the toe links (honestly, I'm not very comfortable with the adjustments, planning to get the PP toe links).

Well, if your car is a V8...you probably already have the toe links. Ford, for some reason, is insinuating that the PP Links are something special, when, well....most people who buy them probably already have them. I feel bad for them wasting their money.

TR005 are excellent. They lock out the eccentric and prevent needing a re-alignment down the road, and they also offer better adjustability when referring to the toe in conjunction with the camber, when trying to set the alignment "perfect"

People call me all the time to order them and say "you were right, I should have gotten them"

The other questions would be 1)does one need alignment afterwards, and 2)which of these parts need to be torqued with 4 wheels on the ground.

Always alignment after suspension mods. Or atleast check it.

Any bolt loosened that has a rubber bushing, needs to be torqued with the suspension loaded.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for noob questions...lol
Sponsored