Sponsored

Has anyone installed the Cervinis grille kit?

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice pic and grille, from the looks of it you better not be a leadfoot, lol.
LR Edit-0189_zpsfl85nmkn.jpg

Zach_Cervinis

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Hi.

I'm looking at your 2015-16 FORD MUSTANG CERVINIS C-SERIES GRILLE KIT - S550 (Item #CER-8071). Does the lower grille cover or replace the stock lower grille?

Thanks!
Yes, the upper and lower grille replaces the factory grilles.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Cervinis upper and lower grilles on my S550. :thumbsup: Easy install. Take your time and use the template for drilling the holes. Check the fitment before installing screws in case you need to re align. :thumbsup: [MENTION=19896]Zach_Cervinis[/MENTION]
20160629_201607.jpg

Sponsored

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just installed mine a little while ago. Most frustrating install I've ever done on any car. I'm not sure how other aftermarket grilles are, but with this one you don't use the stock clips to hold in the new grilles. You have to drill holes in the stock clips and then screw in a lot of screws to hold the grilles in. For that much money I'd assume it's direct fitting. Also, the mesh for mine is cut just barely too small so I don't have every screw inside a hole for a super secure hold. No way I would bother to get a replacement because I never want to do this over again. Also, the grille has a little more gap on the driver's side. Lastly, the stock low speed collision bumper thing in between the grilles had to be taped on with included double sided tape because they're are no clips to attach to like the stock grilles had. This fell off while I was putting the bumper back on and I had to stick it on again. I hope it stays put while driving. I'd hate to have some kind of rattle later on.

Ok so that's the bad part. The good part is that it looks awesome. Really great look. Maybe pictures later. I'm tired.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just installed mine a little while ago. Most frustrating install I've ever done on any car. I'm not sure how other aftermarket grilles are, but with this one you don't use the stock clips to hold in the new grilles. You have to drill holes in the stock clips and then screw in a lot of screws to hold the grilles in. For that much money I'd assume it's direct fitting. Also, the mesh for mine is cut just barely too small so I don't have every screw inside a hole for a super secure hold. No way I would bother to get a replacement because I never want to do this over again. Also, the grille has a little more gap on the driver's side. Lastly, the stock low speed collision bumper thing in between the grilles had to be taped on with included double sided tape because they're are no clips to attach to like the stock grilles had. This fell off while I was putting the bumper back on and I had to stick it on again. I hope it stays put while driving. I'd hate to have some kind of rattle later on.

Ok so that's the bad part. The good part is that it looks awesome. Really great look. Maybe pictures later. I'm tired.
This grille was at the top of my list until I found out that you had to jump through hoops to install it.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Love how it looks But it is a PAIN! to install. The best thing to do is use tape to set it in the place and line it up as best as possible then drill and install all the screws.

The instructions and drilling location tool that were provided were honestly very hard to follow... the tool never really lines up with the tab so its a guessing game. I would of gladly paid a few more bucks for Cervini to mold the tabs into the design... Every other grille out there re uses the tab system...

If you have the Time, Patience, and a helping hand go for it. It looks Fantastic.

If you are trying to get a snap on fit.... this wont accomplish that.

http://imgur.com/Zbu4say

http://imgur.com/IwfdMNn

http://imgur.com/ZZHPVNW

Last edited:

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This grille was at the top of my list until I found out that you had to jump through hoops to install it.
Keep in mind that everything is relative. Some people might say that it was the hardest install ever. Others like me think it was no big deal. It's all about perspective.

Sponsored

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Keep in mind that everything is relative. Some people might say that it was the hardest install ever. Others like me think it was no big deal. It's all about perspective.
Well if you want to talk about things being relative, then I can say this grille is relatively much more of a pain to install than other grilles while still costing a premium. The whole thing about not having clips is ridiculous. They saved money by making the install much more difficult than it had to be. And as a tip to others......make sure you have a small right angle Phillips screwdriver. And I mean small. That or a vice grip with a Phillips bit.

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well if you want to talk about things being relative, then I can say this grille is relatively much more of a pain to install than other grilles while still costing a premium. The whole thing about not having clips is ridiculous. They saved money by making the install much more difficult than it had to be. And as a tip to others......make sure you have a small right angle Phillips screwdriver. And I mean small. That or a vice grip with a Phillips bit.
It's much more of a pain to install an aftermarket ram air hood than it is to install those fake stick on hood scoops...

It's much more of a pain to install a complete carbon fiber body kit than it is to stick carbon fiber vinyl on the factory pieces...

It's much more of a pain to black out your headlight housings than it is to stick tint film on the headlight lenses...

etc.

I didn't say it was easy, and I'm not trying to antagonize you. I'm just telling Sinister that the level of difficulty is relative.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
As i stated Before. The Grille Looks fantastic! It is by far the best i have seen aside from the GT350.... But you have to work for it...

I agree that some might not find it as difficult to install but from a grille installation point of view.. it is the most challenging i have ever done. I have installed 4 different grilles now on multiple mustangs from multiple generations and this one was the most difficult for me. A combination of drilling. lack of working space on the top portion and placement just add to a difficult job.
:shrug:

There is also the possibility that i received a bad mold... it happens.... But thankfully Zach is working with me to get it taken care of. :thumbsup:

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
It's much more of a pain to install an aftermarket ram air hood than it is to install those fake stick on hood scoops...

It's much more of a pain to install a complete carbon fiber body kit than it is to stick carbon fiber vinyl on the factory pieces...

It's much more of a pain to black out your headlight housings than it is to stick tint film on the headlight lenses...

etc.

I didn't say it was easy, and I'm not trying to antagonize you. I'm just telling Sinister that the level of difficulty is relative.
The problem with your analogies is the effort may be more to do those things but there's a vast difference between them. There isn't a vast difference between 2 quality aftermarket grilles, one is just more difficult to install, so there's no big payoff at the end.

I'm not knocking Cervinis either, I have used their products many times and have some of their products for my car now, but I think they could've done a better job on this piece.
Sponsored