Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone found a way to convert the digital oil temp gauge from a "dummy" needle gauge to one that will show actual temps (like the trans temp, inlet air temp and head temp)?

I also went to the As Built web link and downloaded the data for my exact VIN as suggested early on. Can someone give newbies a quick tip or run down on how to read the As Built data codes? Maybe like just post a single code example and how it's deciphered?

So one other question which I have not see brought up yet - suppose the owner of the vehicle successfully changes some of the modules to their liking... Then say 2 mos from now, the car has to go in for service and that service required a BCM update or flash - will all of the user stored parameters be wiped? If so, could the user download (backup) their changes to a USB stick, so that they can quickly load it again to restore their settings?

Pretty cool info folks, thanks for expanding this thread and keeping it going!!
Sponsored

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like that changed with Sync 3. On the older Sync it's on the touch screen as well as having the physical button.
I love my sync 2 so glad I didn't get the 'new' Sync. Having my personal wallpapers far out way anything else to me.

me and mustang r50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT, 355 auto black trim
If you have a base GT, could you add the premium toggles, change the code and enable the select driving modes?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I love my sync 2 so glad I didn't get the 'new' Sync. Having my personal wallpapers far out way anything else to me.
agreed. sync 2 works just fine and I've never had a problem. plus, it doesn't have ridiculous white background and icons. very happy I can keep my dark everything. white menus/backgrounds belong no where near in-car screens (or phones for that matter).

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I have been using that dongle and Forscan for a while. It works very well. I only use the app though. I have not used it with a laptop. I am not sure what features if any are lost with the app as opposed to using the pc. Its a very useful tool, since we are an all ford household.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I don't want to hijack the thread, but how does one get personal wallpapers on sync 2?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
From the F-150 spreadsheet:

726-17-01 0000 0000 0045 Remote Window close disabled
726-17-01 0101 0101 014A Remote Window close enabled (doesn't work on F-150s)
726-17-02 0000 0000 0046 Remote Window open disabled
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B Remote Window open enabled (doesn't work on F-150s)

From the Ford As-Built site for my VIN:

BCM 726-17-01 0000 0000 0045
BCM 726-17-02 0101 0101 014B

The remote open doesn't work on F-150 but does on my car; might that bring hope that remote close may as well?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Has anyone found a way to convert the digital oil temp gauge from a "dummy" needle gauge to one that will show actual temps (like the trans temp, inlet air temp and head temp)?

I also went to the As Built web link and downloaded the data for my exact VIN as suggested early on. Can someone give newbies a quick tip or run down on how to read the As Built data codes? Maybe like just post a single code example and how it's deciphered?

So one other question which I have not see brought up yet - suppose the owner of the vehicle successfully changes some of the modules to their liking... Then say 2 mos from now, the car has to go in for service and that service required a BCM update or flash - will all of the user stored parameters be wiped? If so, could the user download (backup) their changes to a USB stick, so that they can quickly load it again to restore their settings?

Pretty cool info folks, thanks for expanding this thread and keeping it going!!
If the BCm is replaced then yes you lose your settings, but if you have settings in another module, I believe they remain. In ForScan you have the ability to save your changes to a file and if need be reload it (This is why I said back up before attempting any changes, it is good to make a original backup of your as built, and then once you make changes save it as a modified as built.

If you have a base GT, could you add the premium toggles, change the code and enable the select driving modes?
As long as you add the toggle switches and the modules/hardware that regulate it yes.

From the F-150 spreadsheet:

726-17-01 0000 0000 0045 Remote Window close disabled
726-17-01 0101 0101 014A Remote Window close enabled (doesn't work on F-150s)
726-17-02 0000 0000 0046 Remote Window open disabled
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B Remote Window open enabled (doesn't work on F-150s)

From the Ford As-Built site for my VIN:

BCM 726-17-01 0000 0000 0045
BCM 726-17-02 0101 0101 014B

The remote open doesn't work on F-150 but does on my car; might that bring hope that remote close may as well?
Already explained, either the bit is wrong, or the hardware is missing, currently does not work.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have been using that dongle and Forscan for a while. It works very well. I only use the app though. I have not used it with a laptop. I am not sure what features if any are lost with the app as opposed to using the pc. Its a very useful tool, since we are an all ford household.
If your talking about the Android App ForscanLite, then thats only a reader no different then Torque, or OBDWiz. The full PC software is much more powerful.

Dolsvt00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Sub'd, Couple things Im interested in. Digital boost vac like the non pp cars have, the ability to change gear ratio, and the ability to do crank relearn like IDS.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Any idea about auto up for windows from inside (opposite of holding toggle down for 2 sec and windows go all the way down) instead of holding toggle until windows are fully raised?

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Any idea about auto up for windows from inside (opposite of holding toggle down for 2 sec and windows go all the way down) instead of holding toggle until windows are fully raised?
Yeah. Pull the switch harder and it goes into auto up.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
If your talking about the Android App ForscanLite, then thats only a reader no different then Torque, or OBDWiz. The full PC software is much more powerful.
Yeah thats what I have been using, I never tried to make any changes to anything just always used it as a reader as I found it had much more access compared to Torque Pro which I have as well. Like seeing faults stored in specific modules that would not throw a dummy light. For example the vehicle set a fault in the taillights after installing DD taillight sequencers, I could clear it but it would come back. Torque could not detect faults in other modules like that.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah thats what I have been using, I never tried to make any changes to anything just always used it as a reader as I found it had much more access compared to Torque Pro which I have as well. Like seeing faults stored in specific modules that would not throw a dummy light. For example the vehicle set a fault in the taillights after installing DD taillight sequencers, I could clear it but it would come back. Torque could not detect faults in other modules like that.
Think of the PC version of ForScan similar but better then Ford's IDS, Fords IDS system at the dealers have limitations of what they can change and what they cant, because some things be it by law, or the techs wouldn't need to change aren't accesible with IDS, with ForScan it can be, but the difficulty is figuring out the Hex data and what it relates to in the modules. Most data isnt user friendly, its trial and error, this is why they usually say to find the same year make and model that has the option you want and find the difference and thats the bytes you would need. But being that Mustangs dont have a huge list, comparing some other data from other models is whats helping to built a list.

Some of the codes are from what I see the same across different models, but then others are not, Like what I am trying to find, making the Fog lights not shut off when you signal. All 2015-2017 do this, so looking for this feature is useless in these 3 years, and probably fusions and focus, unless this doesnt happen with their drls and fog lights then it would be helpful to see the differences.

Just like taking a 2013-2014 Mustang as built compared to a 15-17 years will show differences and similarities, the differences is what need to be looked at to see what changing that byte would do. I'm sure there is more others that have done this can add like a burning question most ask is "How do you find out what that data controls?" Im sure the As-Built comparing tool I posted about in the first post helps with that to a degree with the part number, strategy and calibration columns. Obviously the Part Number column helps with knowing what module the module address comes from, if you know this then it helps narrow what it could change or the possibilities.
Sponsored