Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
All for this for a car that you wont be able to comfortably park in a lot and leave for over an hour OR drive in city comfortably because if one of those wheels is stolen or bent, its $4000.

Not to mention, the tires will wear off in 5000 miles and you'll need to spend at least $1500-2000 once a year.

Yeah you could replace the wheels with cheaper ones or use PSS instead of PSC2, but then its not an R anymore.

Point being, the car has a impracticality problem. Do most of you see this?
So now you don't want one of these cars?
Sponsored

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
Nope it's sold... They have a yellow/black and white Tech pack available. Let me know if your interested.

Rich

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this sticker this morning at my po-dunk Ford dealer. This is hilarious.
That markup is the cost of a well optioned Mustang GT. :frusty:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
No. Wheel locks. Pay to play.

Wheel locks? A friend who is a mechanic has tools that will take off any wheel lock. Most thieves probably have them too. Who needs to steal the wheels? They roll up with a flat bed and just take the whole car. :D

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel locks? A friend who is a mechanic has tools that will take off any wheel lock. Most thieves probably have them too. Who needs to steal the wheels? They roll up with a flat bed and just take the whole car. :D
Insurance?

Sponsored

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No. Wheel locks. Pay to play.
Wheel locks are not immune. You can check youtube actually.

Still does not fix the issue of wheels being damaged or the tires being so impractical.

I drove a Z06 with Z07 package in moderate rain. I drove over water puddles as well. I would say its somewhat similar to using a PSS in light snow - horrifying experience. Cup tires as their name stands are cup tires. Do you guys know what cup tire is for? They are street legal racing slicks. I dare you daily a cup tire in rain or in temperatures 50F (not even close to freezing) and let me know what happens:) Vs PSS can be dailied all day long even in 20F they will work unless there is snow.

GT350 is a very practical car that can be tracked. R is completely against that purpose.

Cup tires account for 5-10% difference on top of super sports in track times. That is significant. You take those tires off and put super sports or replace the wheels with standard wheels, the R loses its edge.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Insurance?
Hope you have GAP insurance or an agreed upon value policy. Regular insurance pays what the car is worth at time of total loss and you can bet there is no ADM included. So insurance may pay you 60k but if you paid 80 you're eating 20k.

I'm not saying any of this is a reason not to buy an R. My general feeling is it is not worth the extra unless you mostly use it for track use.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R

Still does not fix the issue of wheels being damaged or the tires being so impractical.

I drove a Z06 with Z07 package in moderate rain. I drove over water puddles as well. I would say its somewhat similar to using a PSS in light snow - horrifying experience. Cup tires as their name stands are cup tires. Do you guys know what cup tire is for? They are street legal racing slicks. I dare you daily a cup tire in rain or in temperatures 50F (not even close to freezing) and let me know what happens:) Vs PSS can be dailied all day long even in 20F they will work unless there is snow.

GT350 is a very practical car that can be tracked. R is completely against that purpose.

Cup tires account for 5-10% difference on top of super sports in track times. That is significant. You take those tires off and put super sports or replace the wheels with standard wheels, the R loses its edge.
Ok, fine then, insurance. $500 or $1000 deductible and you have a new set. I live in coastal San Diego ... the hardest crime you see around here is someone busted for drinking or smoking weed at the beach. I'm not going to leave my R parked outside by the Mexico border...that's what a truck is for.

My plan is to buy a set of R-reps or some other lightweight aftermarkets. Throw on some good tread (not CUPs) and save the R wheels and Cups for the track. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

MARFOR

2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
The new Focus RS is going between a low of $10k and high of $25k over MSRP. Good luck even finding a GT350 less than $5k over MSRP.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
The new Focus RS is going between a low of $10k and high of $25k over MSRP. Good luck even finding a GT350 less than $5k over MSRP.
the dealership i bought my gt350 at has a focus RS for MSRP, i haven't been in touch with the market on them so i didn't realize that ADM was happening as well. If anyone is interested pm me and i will send you the dealership and sales rep information. The car is already ordered and being delivered so it would be a non-confirguarable. Sorry don't know anything else about the car (color or options etc).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All for this for a car that you wont be able to comfortably park in a lot and leave for over an hour OR drive in city comfortably because if one of those wheels is stolen or bent, its $4000.

Not to mention, the tires will wear off in 5000 miles and you'll need to spend at least $1500-2000 once a year.

Yeah you could replace the wheels with cheaper ones or use PSS instead of PSC2, but then its not an R anymore.

Point being, the car has a impracticality problem. Do most of you see this?
What? Him again? Go hang out at the B'mer forum.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you have GAP insurance or an agreed upon value policy. Regular insurance pays what the car is worth at time of total loss and you can bet there is no ADM included. So insurance may pay you 60k but if you paid 80 you're eating 20k.

I'm not saying any of this is a reason not to buy an R. My general feeling is it is not worth the extra unless you mostly use it for track use.
Gap insurance usually isn't that expensive. In fact the only times I got it, was because it was free.

I wouldn't pay extra for gap in a traditional loan. But if I had paid $20k MSRP I would consider gap.

That won't help me replace the car, but I won't be stuck paying $10s of thousands of dollars on a total loss car.

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R

My current and last car has cup tires, I daily drive both cars in rain and cold weather (35+) and haven't had any issues. The only time it was hairy was doing a track event where it decided to rain in the morning, I did get a lot of car control practice in :D Of course you have to be conscious of it but I never had the rear slip out on me during daily driving in the cold or rain.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

I am not going to say a word about 350 or R that will be negative until the day I own one. I promise.

/thread.
This is getting hilarious.
Sponsored