Sponsored

For those doing stereo upgrades - where are you hiding crossovers?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious - lots of cool threads with info regarding speaker upgrades and general stereo upgrades... But...

Where is everyone hiding aftermarket speaker crossovers? Are they being stuffed under the dash, inside trunk, behind rear 1/4 plastics, under seats or behind the door panels inside the door cavity?

Any pics and additional info would be great!!
Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't have any photos but when I installed my image dynamics components up front, I stuffed them behind the kick panels. It's a tight fit, but I made them work.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I installed mine under the drivers seat. No one seats back there so they'll be fine. I went with Rockfords 6.5 power components. They have big crossovers and don't interfere with moving the seat at all. Tweeters are a perfect fit, no cutting, drilling etc.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I installed mine under the drivers seat. No one seats back there so they'll be fine. I went with Rockfords 6.5 power components. They have big crossovers and don't interfere with moving the seat at all. Tweeters are a perfect fit, no cutting, drilling etc.
I was shopping speakers last night, do you recall if the Rockfords you installed had the 3/4" or 1" tweeters?

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I was shopping speakers last night, do you recall if the Rockfords you installed had the 3/4" or 1" tweeters?
I'll be home in a bit. I'll let you know the exact model number as well. It comes with adapters for the components.

Sponsored

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Just curious, why not just stick them inside the door? I'm trying to figure out the best way to wire these speakers.

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Behind the door panel. Getting the wiring to the tweeter was the biggest pain. I had to go through the molex connector.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Mine were installed at a shop. I have Focal Flax 3 ways, and my crossovers are under my drivers seat. Not issue at all even with my kids in the back They remain hidden at all times.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I used all stock wiring. Put them in the door panels with double sided 3m xtreme tape. They fit perfectly where mid speakers would be on the premium....there is nothing there, but empty space on the base model.

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm using a 3 way passive x-over.. I've read the stories about running wires through the door being a pain. my plan was to mount the cross over behind door panel. Use the factory woofer wire to feed the cross over. Run wires for the woofer and mid from the x over.. Then wire back into the factory mid-range wire for the tweeter. I couldn't find any posts of anyone doing this. I'm using a T harness to get signal and bypass the factory amp. Also plan on using forscan to flaten the signal. Is anyone else mounting cross overs behind the door panel with a 3 way setup?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I mounted the crossovers as shown on the pics. On the left side I stacked it on top of the amplifier (aftermarket). The picture was taken when the dash was out.
On the right I glued it to the side panel above the BCM. Difficult to reach, but it fits nicely.

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I mounted the crossovers as shown on the pics. On the left side I stacked it on top of the amplifier (aftermarket). The picture was taken when the dash was out.
On the right I glued it to the side panel above the BCM. Difficult to reach, but it fits nicely.
I was hoping to avoid mounting them in the footwells if possible, but if there isnt room behind the door panel. I might have to. I planned to remove the factory amp and with the T harness I won't have to run speaker wire to passenger side. I can use all factory wire.. with the exception of the amp to the T harness. At least.. that was the plan. Car is currently at the body shop.. so I'm just brainstorming trying to get a handle on how im going do it.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I was hoping to avoid mounting them in the footwells if possible, but if there isnt room behind the door panel. I might have to. I planned to remove the factory amp and with the T harness I won't have to run speaker wire to passenger side. I can use all factory wire.. with the exception of the amp to the T harness. At least.. that was the plan. Car is currently at the body shop.. so I'm just brainstorming trying to get a handle on how im going do it.
It depends a bit on the dimensions of your crossovers. Mine are rather bulky and I did not want to add more wires to the door connectors. So I had to mount them in the cabin.
Sponsored