Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Where does it say that if this isn't installed by a dealer your warranty is void? Is it the product warranty or the vehicle warranty?
"Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC ..."
Sponsored

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I like that they show 40 @1500 , that is a substantial gain in the torque curve as awhole . They should also show HP@6800 .

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I won't make a personal judgement until seeing a before/after dyno overlay. More torque down low would be nice if it doesn't fall off sharply. What does the curve look like on 5th gens with a Ford tune? There are some differences between 5th and 6th gen obviously, but I'm wondering what tricks they employed previously to make more power. Besides compensation for increased air flow, do they employ ignition timing changes and cam timing changes?

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
"Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC ..."
It also goes on to say any ASE Certified mechanic. This means you can shop around for good labor.

GTtreefiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
It sounds like that only applies to powepack components and the factory warranty remains intact.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
That would be nice if the stage 3 comes through with a smooth tune for having the 87mm throttle body, would possibly save guys some dyno tuning money. And by the way guys, I got my GT350 IM at Levittown Ford Super Center for $930, including a forum discount. Talked to Benny.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Does anyone else remember KN Filters are dogsh*t or was that just me?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Does anyone else remember KN Filters are dogsh*t or was that just me?
Nothing specifically against K&N I am just done messing with oiled filters all together... 15 years of that mess is long enough. Now that there is dry filters that flow just as much if not better, I'm sticking with them. I never got oiled filters because you can clean them, it was just for their flow rate. I have no problem dropping $50-80 every 10k+ for a new, good filter. Currently run a JLT (S&B) dry filter with JLT (Outerwears) filter condom lol. I got the cover for the hood vent to reduce risk of water intrusion. Vinny said the dry filter with the cover on it flows the same rate as the oiled filter...

Last edited:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I dont know if there is a missingormation on motortrends website regarding the power pack 3. It says the power pack 3 will add 37 hp and 51 lb ft. Not 37 hp and 5 lbft. Anyone knows whats up?

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Just spoke to a Ford rep on the Ford Performance website. You lose the 5 year warranty but keep the original manufacturers warranty for 3 years via FP.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Just spoke to a Ford rep on the Ford Performance website. You lose the 5 year warranty but keep the original manufacturers warranty for 3 years via FP.
That is something new then as that isn't how it worked in the past.

If true, that is lame if your powertrain warranty is completely dropped after the 3/36 imo.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
That is something new then as that isn't how it worked in the past.

If true, that is lame if your powertrain warranty is completely dropped after the 3/36 imo.
He added that if something failed after 3 years they would have to prove that the Ford Performance part caused or it not ie" Magnuson/Moss act.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
40 ft lbs @ 1500? Going to have to wait for a dyno for that one
Sponsored