Sponsored

Ebay JLT plus SCT X4

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic (Base Model w/ Recaro)
So I just recently purchased a JLT SCT X4 tuner off of eBay from the distributor "Lightning Force Performance" for $650 brand new. I still haven't received it, but as we'll all know that's a $940 combo on Anerican Muscle. I'm excited but at the same time nervous because of how cheap I got it for. I'll update you guys once I receive the package and once I install it on my '16 GT NonPP
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the price is a bit cheap, how is the sellers feedback?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Does it come with a tune? You can get the jlt and sct from beefcake for $825 and that includes a Lund tune. Lund tune on its own is $200.

OP
OP

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it come with a tune? You can get the jlt and sct from beefcake for $825 and that includes a Lund tune. Lund tune on its own is $200.
It didn't specify if it did or did not... I will have to update you guys once I receive it. Nonetheless, it's still a good deal if you ask me considering A.M. Price. I never knew about beefcakes until just now, thanks!

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It must come with some default sct tune - just not sure how good they are. At any rate, if it doesn't come with one, make sure you get a tune before you try driving with the intake installed.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I think AM's combo comes with their BAMA tune too if I am not mistaken. Thats where the price difference seems to be.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I think AM's combo comes with their BAMA tune too if I am not mistaken. Thats where the price difference seems to be.
Looks like it is a VMP tune now.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SCT tuners with other company names on top of them (Lund, BAMA, etc) do not come preloaded with the SCT canned tune files. They arrive blank and you'll have to contact the tuner for a custom tune. The standard SCT tuner with "SCT" written on the top does have the canned tune files and can have custom files written as well. Also, make sure you read up on the locks/unlocks thing as you don't wanna waste locks. But as far as arrival, the company you bought it from should have sent you an email with a tracking number. Maybe it is in your spam or the emailed it to the wrong address. I would say contact them.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It still be a caned sct. They do have a provision for the JLT. And yes. We have some nice combo packages available with sct and ngauge and jlt

Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SCT tuners with other company names on top of them (Lund, BAMA, etc) do not come preloaded with the SCT canned tune files. QUOTE]

Is this true? When tuners sell the SCT, the SCT tunes are removed?

I though there was some kind of secondary menu to use the SCT preloaded stuff? The strategy menu or something like that?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I was in the market for one. But each time I contacted a seller, they told me the tuner would be blank and that I would have to get a custom tune written. I even called AM and asked them. Now maybe they misunderstood my question or something. But I was told that the Bama, Lund, and VMP X4 units would not have the SCT canned tune files on it. So just be sure you ask and be sure it will have them. Plus, most people I know who have ordered these JLT or Steeda with a tuner have had to wait a few days for the tuner to email a written tune. That is what AM told me I would have to do with one of those tuners. So I opted out and got a used DS. Now if a vendor tells you differently and is sure, then go by what they say. And keep me posted when it arrives so I'll know for future reference.

OP
OP

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in the market for one. But each time I contacted a seller, they told me the tuner would be blank and that I would have to get a custom tune written. I even called AM and asked them. Now maybe they misunderstood my question or something. But I was told that the Bama, Lund, and VMP X4 units would not have the SCT canned tune files on it. So just be sure you ask and be sure it will have them. Plus, most people I know who have ordered these JLT or Steeda with a tuner have had to wait a few days for the tuner to email a written tune. That is what AM told me I would have to do with one of those tuners. So I opted out and got a used DS. Now if a vendor tells you differently and is sure, then go by what they say. And keep me posted when it arrives so I'll know for future reference.
Wow, the place I ordered it from has super fast delivery. My package is arriving today which is 4 days ahead of schedule. I will update you guys tomorrow once I have time to play with it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we keep jlts and x4s in stock

usually same day shipping

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thank you for pointing this out! I'd much rather go your route and buy a SCTX4 preloaded with the canned tunes and then just order custom tunes separately.
Sponsored