Sponsored

how to turn off any and all traction assistance?

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I have read about holding the traction control button down until "advance trac disabled" pops up. I have tried that in combination with all driving "modes" and I am still baffled by the apparent traction this car has... brake stall or flash the converter, either way it only spins about 3' on stock Pirelli 20s. i have had half a dozen fbodies/mustangs and none of them hooked this hard (and some of them had much less power) so i feel like the computer must still be controlling power. am i missing something?
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The base GT you hold it for ~8 seconds I think to turn everything off, pushed twice activates AdvanceTRAC "sport mode" which is were I drive mine most of the time. I know you have a Premium so it's a little different.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
yea, from what i see on the premium i just hold the traction control switch for some amount of time (8sec is possible) then the advancetrac disabled pops up. it just seems like this car should kill the tires and it doesn't. i mean, i wont complain if it really hooks that good, i just don't see it happening...

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
The base GT you hold it for ~8 seconds I think to turn everything off, pushed twice activates AdvanceTRAC "sport mode" which is were I drive mine most of the time. I know you have a Premium so it's a little different.
I've tried driving in sport mode, but I don't really feel anything different.

On the fun note of electronic nanny. I tried to launch the car against my brother-in-law in his super charged chevy silverado. I dropped the clutch on 5k rev and the nannies kicked in dropped my rev to 1k, and made me crawl instead. :lol: I realized I can't launch for bananas with all traction controls on and no launch mode. Worst of all, I've never actually launched the mustang ever before.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This has me confused as well. People say to hold the toggle switch (for premium) which disables advance trac. However, I noticed that does not also disable traction control (seeing as how disabling traction control disables launch control and disabling advance trac does not disable launch control).

Sponsored

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hold the button AND the brake pedal down until it says advancetrac off.

It'll let you burn em all day long in a straight line, but if you try to do donuts, it'll still kick on. At least the 2011-14s did.

Only way to fully disable the system on 2011-14 cars was to reach behind the wheel and unplug one of the ABS sensors.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
From owners manual

The system automatically activates when you start your engine. The electronic stability control portion of the system is disabled when the transmission is in reverse (R) or, on some models, if you press and hold the stability control button for more than five seconds when you apply the brakes and the vehicle is at a stop. You can switch off the traction control portion of the system independently.

Note: Do not use Sport mode on public roadways.
Some models may also come equipped with a sport mode which allows the driver to reduce normal AdvanceTrac system intervention and provide a more spirited driving experience. To enter sport mode, toggle the stability control button twice rapidly. The message appears in the information display that the system is now in sport mode.
For vehicles equipped with the selectable drive mode feature, AdvanceTrac sport mode is not available. You can utilize the performance oriented AdvanceTrac mode by selecting track drive mode. In this mode, AdvanceTrac intervention is reduced and tuned specifically for track use only and is not for use on public roads. In all of the selectable drive modes, you can disable traction control and AdvanceTrac with the AdvanceTrac switch.
traction control.png

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
The s550 has rear independent suspension. Unlike almost every other mustang before it (except the terminator) it makes a huge difference for hooking. The car just hooks on dry pavement with street tires. But you dump the clutch at high rpm and line lock it with advanced trac off it'll smoke em all day long. It's a new beast of a mustang. I've only ever owned straight axle sports cars. this took a little getting use to, and i love it.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
For the life of me I can't turn advantrac completely off. I have tried every combo I can think of with various driving modes, and holding the traction control toggle, and yes foot on the brake, or moving no difference.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I remove the abs relay when at the track
At the track not a very good place to completely disable the ABS system. It really only needs fully disabled if you want to do a donut. Track mode on a premium car desensitizes it and traction control. At the track turn off traction control go nuts, but to completely disable advancetrac is not smart imo. Advantrac has nothing to do with wheel spin, but has to do with the cars attitude. Spin all you want, but if the car starts to get sideways advancetrac takes over. Don't want to be a wrecked Mustang meme do ya? haha

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Unless you use the line lock. Personally I don't use it. Would glaze them no more than any hard stop on the highway. If your mashing the brakes as hard as you can, and doing a john force burnout you not too bright anyway. It doesn't take much pressure once the rears are spinning.
Sponsored