Review of some steeda parts.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So a few months ago i bought the steeda Stop hop kit. I didn't get around to putting things on until now. As i was going through the 5 different parts that make up the kit. I noticed that most need to have an alignment done after. Since i want to do lower springs in a few months i am waiting before putting those parts on. This way i can do an alignment all in one shot.

So all i installed was the down links. Which i can't believe the size difference, and also the frame connectors. Now those 2 parts alone did not stop all the hop. But it reduced it big time. My car was hoping real bad. Not anymore it does a quick hop or two.

Thank you Steeda for making awesome stuff.
FB_IMG_1467509548695.jpg
FB_IMG_1467509554154.jpg
FB_IMG_1467509566034.jpg
FB_IMG_1467509558981.jpg
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nice review i have this kit on my build list as well as steeda springs and steeda pro action shocks and struts and steeda sway bars, and camber plates.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=7470]jkstang78[/MENTION] Happy to be a part of your build, and glad you noticed a reduction in wheel hop with only a couple of our parts. Definitely keep us updated once you install the remaining Steeda IRS components! :)

np2016ppgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Did you find the lower bolt for the links to be a bear to re-install? I tried to install the links but chickened out when I could not get the bottom bolt to thread in...it was close but chewed up the bolt threads. I was using jack stands so the car was not very high off the ground and it was difficult to pry on it like some videos suggest. May attempt it again this weekend with the car a little higher.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Love my Steeda vertical links. I think this part alone contributed most to getting rid of my wheel hop than any other suspension part I have. Car slides instead of jumps now.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Love my Steeda vertical links. I think this part alone contributed most to getting rid of my wheel hop than any other suspension part I have. Car slides instead of jumps now.
Awesome, bud! Hope you're doing well!! :cheers:

Mustg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just installed the Steeda IRS subframe braces on my 2016. They helped reduce some driveline vibration. Nice quality product, easy installation, preferred to have them come in painted black.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What's the weight difference between the stock and Steeda vertical links? (just curious)

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The vertical link comparison is insane. How sketch the OEM is vs. how high quality the Steeda is.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The vertical link comparison is insane. How sketch the OEM is vs. how high quality the Steeda is.
Agreed.

At Ford, it's all about manufacturing costs; the cheaper it is to get a supplier to make a part out of X-materials and to design it so it meets the functional aspect is all that matters. At least we have companies like Steeda who can offer MUCH BETTER replacement parts that are of extreme high quality but also function BETTER than an Auto Manufacturer's supplied part.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Does the vertical link add any NVH?

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I just installed the Steeda IRS subframe braces on my 2016. They helped reduce some driveline vibration. Nice quality product, easy installation, preferred to have them come in painted black.
Glad you're happy!

What's the weight difference between the stock and Steeda vertical links? (just curious)
Will have to double-check for ya.

Agreed.

At Ford, it's all about manufacturing costs; the cheaper it is to get a supplier to make a part out of X-materials and to design it so it meets the functional aspect is all that matters. At least we have companies like Steeda who can offer MUCH BETTER replacement parts that are of extreme high quality but also function BETTER than an Auto Manufacturer's supplied part.
:cheers: We're here for our customers!

Does the vertical link add any NVH?
In our testing, it did not. The customer reviews I've seen also back this up.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
What's the advantage to the vertical links for someone that doesn't drag race so has no concern about wheel hop?

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
What's the advantage to the vertical links for someone that doesn't drag race so has no concern about wheel hop?
It has less flex so when turning or under heavy load it will plant the tires better and allow for better grip in both scenarios of launch and handling.
Sponsored