Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Got these, steeda sport linear springs, and the steeda sway bars w/billet mounts.
Had them on for 1 week so time for the springs to settle in and a few miles.

At the "recommended 1 turn from soft" the ride is great. I'm a daily driver car and don't want jarring or harsh ride. I also wasn't happy with the PP rear bouncy/floaty feel.

now Car rides nice and firm. But not harsh or jarring, still totally acceptable as a daily driver. I put on the 6GR rims with 285/325 MPSS and you could really feel the limitations of the PP suspension, Excess lean and pumping when pushing it hard. That's really gone now.

Can't wait to try the higher damping settings

I do have one complaint. I bought. Struts/shocks/sways/springs/billet sway, and NO STICKERS!!!! Really??
Awesome, glad you're liking the new Steeda setup! I can help with the stickers, pm me your order number! :)
Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Didnt want to start a new thread, but i wanted to put my impression as to what thyere like to me.
I did sways shocks struts brace & progressive springs on, just yesterday got alignment done.
I ONLY DD my car no racing at all (it will get spirited though) full soft all around & it is incredible. its the ride i was looking for.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mine go on next week, in fact steeda struts shocks sport springs, camber plates and the stop the hop kit!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Mine go on next week, in fact steeda struts shocks sport springs, camber plates and the stop the hop kit!
Would love to hear about your thoughts after install :cheers:

We appreciate your support & being a Steeda customer - don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything, you can reach me at [email protected]!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I ordered my Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts along with the 12mm Billet Rear Shock Mounts today. Can't wait to get them installed. I have already got the shipping notice. So far every suspension mod that I have done has improved either the steering responce or rear wheel hop. What I am looking for with these shocks & struts is improved ride quality along some improvement in handling. I have not always accomplished the goals I set out to achieve on shock & strut upgrades. Some of the upgrades have been costly mistakes that required going back to my original set up while others have been right on the mark. Let's hope this one hits the mark. I will report my results in a couple of week depending on how long it takes to get the shocks & struts installed.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I ordered my Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts along with the 12mm Billet Rear Shock Mounts today. Can't wait to get them installed. I have already got the shipping notice. So far every suspension mod that I have done has improved either the steering responce or rear wheel hop. What I am looking for with these shocks & struts is improved ride quality along some improvement in handling. I have not always accomplished the goals I set out to achieve on shock & strut upgrades. Some of the upgrades have been costly mistakes that required going back to my original set up while others have been right on the mark. Let's hope this one hits the mark. I will report my results in a couple of week depending on how long it takes to get the shocks & struts installed.
They will meet and likely exceed your expectations :thumbsup:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They're being installed on my car as we speak along with steeda sports and steeda camber plates and stop the hop kit. cant wait to get my car back from my na build hoping its all done this week! I expect the car will ride and handle awesome...getting sway bars after i get the car back!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They're being installed on my car as we speak along with steeda sports and steeda camber plates and stop the hop kit. cant wait to get my car back from my na build hoping its all done this week! I expect the car will ride and handle awesome...getting sway bars after i get the car back!
Please keep us updated after you the get the car back & put some miles on it!

TJ

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Hi Steeda,
How does the shock allow for wider fronts compared to Koni's? I am wondering if I can fit 305 front without crazy camber or rolling fenders (if I go with the correct offsets).

Also, How do the stiffest settings compare to Koni Yellows? I am wondering if this will pair well with BMR Handling springs (300 front, 900+ rear). I'm assuming given the softer valving it would need to be run on the higher rebound settings compared to Konis (if paired with the BMR handling springs).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steeda,
How does the shock allow for wider fronts compared to Koni's? I am wondering if I can fit 305 front without crazy camber or rolling fenders (if I go with the correct offsets).

Also, How do the stiffest settings compare to Koni Yellows? I am wondering if this will pair well with BMR Handling springs (300 front, 900+ rear). I'm assuming given the softer valving it would need to be run on the higher rebound settings compared to Konis (if paired with the BMR handling springs).
Hello,

I am looking into this for you - as soon as I have updated information, I will send your way.

Best Regards,

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi Steeda,

The largest tire we have run here at Steeda has been a 295/35/19.

You could probably get a 305 in, but it may require a spacer or special offset, this would be a case by case basis.

The Ford, Koni and Steeda struts are basically the same dimensions, so the tire and rim clearance would be the same

The Steeda Pro Actions are valved different from the Konis, furthermore, they will work great with the BMR Handling Springs. also they have enough control to work on the GT350 without the magnetic ride control.

Mike D

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im only concerned about wider backs with pro action shocks. i shouldn't have an issue with 305/35/19's.