Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the edge of pulling trigger on non-tune version.
Any changes in idle or low rpm driving around town? Will this give better throttle response or is all the power noticed up high for most part? Reall trying to wait on tune and was hoping this would hold me over.
Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have the nontune version, but I was tuned already. I did notice a bit of more power, I guess you can say it felt like there was more throttle response. It's worth it if you don't want to tune your car yet.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i finally got off my ass and relocated the overflow(not sure why i didnt do it the first time, took all of 5 minutes) anyway i wanted to relocated the maf inside the box no matter what i did the plug was resting the a piece of the regardless of how i rotated it. anyone have some closeups?

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
i finally got off my ass and relocated the overflow(not sure why i didnt do it the first time, took all of 5 minutes) anyway i wanted to relocated the maf inside the box no matter what i did the plug was resting the a piece of the regardless of how i rotated it. anyone have some closeups?
They send the wrong bolts with my kit so I didn't move mine over. I wonder if I can have them send the correct ones.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
im sure they would, the more i seen pics of it moved it bothered me how close it was to the tube

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Same for me. So I just left it pointing upwards. Just angle the filter down as much as possible closing the gap between the bottom of the tube and the shroud. My IATs are within 6-10* of ambient while driving, and drop much quicker when moving.

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm on the edge of pulling trigger on non-tune version.
Any changes in idle or low rpm driving around town? Will this give better throttle response or is all the power noticed up high for most part? Reall trying to wait on tune and was hoping this would hold me over.
Hard to say if it's the placebo effect, but my car felt like it might have been a little more crisp on tip in throttle at low speeds, low rpms. Either way, I can personally assure you that it does NOT cause any idle or drivability issues. (I'm on the stock tune, running the PMAS No Tune CAI)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Sharad,
Did u have anything changed on your intake before u went to Pmas? I have airraid tube and K&N an I noticed a difference with that, just hoping there will be another noticeable difference with Pmas

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
It took me a minute to get the tube postitioned just right and tighten down the clamp. Turn up the brightness I know it's hard to see but this is where mine is located.

image.jpg

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Sharad,
Did u have anything changed on your intake before u went to Pmas? I have airraid tube and K&N an I noticed a difference with that, just hoping there will be another noticeable difference with Pmas
I had the stock airbox and stock tune.

Personally, I suspect that you'll still feel a difference because I the PMAS system has more surface area on the filter, larger diameter sensor tube (with smooth transitions) and a well designed elbow.

Even if you don't feel the extra power, I'm sure it would show up on the dyno.

Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Same for me. So I just left it pointing upwards. Just angle the filter down as much as possible closing the gap between the bottom of the tube and the shroud. My IATs are within 6-10* of ambient while driving, and drop much quicker when moving.
How fast are you seeing the IAT's drop. I live in Arizona, so yes it's hot but with my Roush they dropped much quicker. I see people claiming 4-6 over ambient and 6-10 over ambient but I'm not seeing that. Most of the time it's 15 above or it takes 15 minutes of driving at 60-80 mph before it drops if I get heatsoaked. Once it's up it takes forever to drop back down. I've had the MAf outside of the box, inside facing up and now inside facing down and no significant change. I've even opened up the area on the filter box, where it pulls air from the grill. My Roush heated up quickly as well but recoverd super quick. Next option is a AVelossa Big Mouth and figure out how to direct into the box. A snorkel is claimed to be bad for the intake, but I don't see any other way to get faster recovery without a direct path into the box.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Does anyone know if this intake will fit with a Mishimoto catch can?

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I'm in South Florida and my IATs cool off quickly once the car gets moving. And I'm talking about creeping along in a 35mph zone. PMAS is working well here!
Same. I'm personally not concerned with the IAT's but I have been looking at them since it's a concern for other members here. My temps will obviously rise while sitting in traffic, but they plummet once the car is moving. All weekend I noticed IAT's between ambient or 1-3 degrees over ambient (ambient was 90-93 degrees this weekend).

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
Derek@Lethal

I checked your website in CAI section but maybe I missed it, do you sell the PMAS?:confused:
Sponsored