Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has anyone had first gear not fully engage (not enough pressure on the shifter, although it felt normal) and had it grind and pop out when you let the clutch out?
Yes, I put a little extra thought into putting it in first now
Sponsored

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Has anyone had first gear not fully engage (not enough pressure on the shifter, although it felt normal) and had it grind and pop out when you let the clutch out?
Yeah that happened to me twice. Now I make sure to give it a little extra push to make sure it's all the way in. I also have the steeda spring and at least 3 times the clutch did not fully return. Stopped at about half travel, I had to put my foot underneath and pull it all the way up. I'm wondering if it's spring related or just some air in the line.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just happened to me yesterday. Scared the wife something awful!

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes. Clicks went engaged, seems to be a tight tolerance trend to me. May or may not go away once broken in.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
What was wrong with your exhaust if you don't mind sharing ?
Thanks
Functionally it was fine. The car had 7 mi when I picked it up. At some point they drove it in salt. Exhaust was pitted and I complained hence they replaced it. Any other corrosion I have cleaned up. Good as new now thus I am happy. BTW I am not alone as others produced during the same time have expressed the same issue.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah that happened to me twice. Now I make sure to give it a little extra push to make sure it's all the way in. I also have the steeda spring and at least 3 times the clutch did not fully return. Stopped at about half travel, I had to put my foot underneath and pull it all the way up. I'm wondering if it's spring related or just some air in the line.
Sounds like something else, I have over 1000 miles on the steeda spring now and never had this happen

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Functionally it was fine. The car had 7 mi when I picked it up. At some point they drove it in salt. Exhaust was pitted and I complained hence they replaced it. Any other corrosion I have cleaned up. Good as new now thus I am happy. BTW I am not alone as others produced during the same time have expressed the same issue.
Dam, mine will almost certainly arrive sometime next winter. Didn't know that this would be a concern. Did the dealer give any form of fuss about you wanting it replaced?

On a side note; if they had to replace the exhaust would they replace it with an R exhaust by chance so that you wouldn't have to cut the resonators out? Haha

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Dam, mine will almost certainly arrive sometime next winter. Didn't know that this would be a concern. Did the dealer give any form of fuss about you wanting it replaced?

On a side note; if they had to replace the exhaust would they replace it with an R exhaust by chance so that you wouldn't have to cut the resonators out? Haha
Ford denied it initially but yes they did fuss but I raised a bigger one. Good thought. I didn't try that one but should have haha.

sammylew34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
Interesting to note; did either of you try removing the springs altogether and run no spring?

Curious if the clutch is being worn even in the slightest if the pedal does not fully return to the top? :shrug:
I didn't try and drive around with no spring. I did engage the clutch without the car on or any helper spring and noticed the same issue, not returning to full up.

I did notice the steeda was more linear but I hated how it felt mushy and had too much play in it at the top. The stock spring works best for me.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Easy cure for this issue. MGW.

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Easy cure for this issue. MGW.
That was my solution as well. The stock shifter is not really bad, but I think MGW will be right. Hoping they finish the first run and start shipping soon!

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I just came home from a quick drive in my new GT350, where I did this at a stop light. Felt like an idiot :lol: Also ealier in the trip, I reversed out of a parking space but forgot to release the hand brake. First stall. I think maybe I need to take a refresher course on driving manual transmission. I didn't think it's been that long, but obviously, it has been :headbonk:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've had that happen a few times. Just yesterday in fact.

-T
Glad someone else is seeing this too - I did it at cars and coffee - red faced.

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who had the issue and resolved it with a shifter swap.
Sponsored