Cobb OTS stage 1 harsh shifts/shift points

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
Looks like they released a revision today, v.400 that should hopefully get rid of the hard 1-2 shift.

Revision History:
Performance Maps
v400 – Major Update
Improved CCF core logic and user interfaces.
Added COBB Traction Control* and 5-Way Torque Maximum Table Selection features.
Synchronized platform features (see custom feature documentation).
(AT Vehicles) Removed all performance based transmission tuning changes. Transmission tuning is available from our Protuner network.
I updated mine yesterday as soon as I got the email. I noticed right off that the shifts where smooth as butter. Mine was shifting so hard from 1-2 and progressively shifting harder every time I drove it, I had removed the 93 octane tune and was back to using the factory tune.
Sponsored

twohitta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB
On the auto trans, how do the MAP's affect the Sport/Sport+ modes? From what I've read, people say the "Drive" mode seems more like "Sport" Mode after tuning. If so, how much do the Sport/Sport+ modes change with the tune?

edit: I realize the shift points were restored to stock with the V4 update, but wht about throttle response, etc?
Wish I could tell you, but I put the Cobb tune on a few weeks after I got my car, which was about a year and a half ago, so I can't really remember what it was like before the tune. Sorry.

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
Noob question but how do i update the tune?

OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great news that it seems to be fixed. 30-45 min work commute in stop and go Austin traffic was terrible. Although I recently just started putting it in sport and using the paddle shifters to skip first after stopping which helped, glad I don't have to do that anymore. Will update mine tonight when it's not 100+ degrees.
Funny I would do the exact same thing , no need for that with the new update . Shifts like stock in traffic now
Sponsored