evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The book says to send them the ecu .. And how is the whipple tune better just wondering
There are a lot more features wuth their tune. The ability to adjust the power per gear. Also, Whipple's A/F ratio is better and their timing adjusts depending on octane. I have seen and compared the logs.....there is no comparison.
Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Since you the the 72lbers go with Whipple call them and see what they say.

I also have headers with out cats

Whipple Flare tool

Hey [MENTION=13292]rio16[/MENTION] , can you check your PM please.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We can do a lund custom tune with the supplied stage 1 55s or the supplied stage 2 72s for pump or race gas.

e85 would require the id1000s. just wanted to make sure that was clarified for everyone.

we'll actually be remote tuning with lund on several of these over the next month

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
Beefcake Lund said he wouldn't tune the 72's

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Beefcake Lund said he wouldn't tune the 72's
that is incorrect. we / lund will tune the combo with an ngauge or x4

i just got off the horn with jr. 5 minutes ago, as i knew this was a combo that we've done before.

we just had the conversation again last week on a customer wanting to do e85 with the 72s.

Sponsored

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
Well I just want 93 with the 72's and I emailed them like 20 times and was told no can do

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Well I just want 93 with the 72's and I emailed them like 20 times and was told no can do
it can be done

give me a ring, we'll get you set up

513-478-1965

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Tuners do not seem to love these 72lb in injectors. I don't know if they are harder to dial in than id's or what. But I know Ken B. does not like to tune the 72lber's either. But I do know for sure that Lund will tune with these 72lb DW/Bosch injectors. I spoke to Jr. for quite a while when I was at the speedshop that did my Whipple install.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
You have the old book. You don't need to send them the ECU. Call and order the flare tool and they will send it to you.

I have Stainless Werks catless headers and I run the Big Daddy's foulers with the Whipple flare/tune. No issues, no codes, no CEL.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Ken B definitely does not like them either. However, after working with me on mine withe the 72s, now he will tune with them on the Whipple. I asked him this for someone else too. I actually have the Whipple Flare tool and have switched between his tune and Whipple's a few times. I ended up with about 20 more hp and torque, and a better curve with Ken's when finished.

The Whipple tune was much better than expected though, and has great features. For me, the custom tune drives significantly better though. I like feeling more power than stock even at about 30% throttle. The throttle response is much much better too.

I bought the Whipple knowing I was getting tuned by Ken B though. Given all of this, if I tried the Whipple from the beginning, I may have just stayed with it. I also have a brand new set of the foulers that eliminate the code when using the Whipple tune that I am debating if I want to keep or not........If you can get the Whipple flare and tune for the same price that you can when initially purchasing the unit, it is so inexpensive that it makes no sense NOT to get it. Later on, if you feel the need to make changes, then you can take a custom route. Good luck!

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
We get the "tuners don't like the DW" quite often. But the main reason, ID gives great injector data, making life much easier for tuners. You can install there data and know that it does not need to be modified, you just tune the rest. ID really pioneered this and are the most well known, we certainly like them.

The DW are high quality injectors, the Cobra Jet, Drag Pak and COPO all use them and we have no issues with them. The 72's were the max that we could pass emission testing with. The ID1000 or anything in that size simply are impossible to pass an ultra low emission vehicle standard with current availability.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We get the "tuners don't like the DW" quite often. But the main reason, ID gives great injector data, making life much easier for tuners. You can install there data and know that it does not need to be modified, you just tune the rest. ID really pioneered this and are the most well known, we certainly like them.

The DW are high quality injectors, the Cobra Jet, Drag Pak and COPO all use them and we have no issues with them. The 72's were the max that we could pass emission testing with. The ID1000 or anything in that size simply are impossible to pass an ultra low emission vehicle standard with current availability.
^^^

and to add, lund has great cals with the id 1000s, but also for the dw1000s and the dw72s

we have done a large amount of our custom packages with both setups

if your plans are e85, we like the 1000 cc in either brand, and lund will tune either brand

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto

That's exactly what Ken said. Their data sheets were really not accurate. Took a lot more to tune than the IDs. However, he really got it tuned in.
Sponsored