Tuned EB in West/South Chicagoland

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If there's anyone with a well-setup car, I'd really like to check one out and see what it's like compared to the GT, just because I'm curious.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
What do you perceive would constitute a well set up Ecoboost ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What do you perceive would constitute a wall set up Ecoboost ?
Fair question.

My thoughts would be FMIC upgrade and a tune at the minimum. A big turbo car would be a hoot, I'm sure.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As soon as I get around to stiffening up the IRS some to my liking with a bit of luck along the way ..

When I am able to justify the added expence of an Intercooler and Tune we shall see if I can Impress you a little .

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as I get around to stiffening up the IRS some to my liking with a bit of luck along the way ..

When I am able to justify the added expence of an Intercooler and Tune we shall see if I can Impress you a little .
I'm with you there. Cradle lockout kit is the next mod for me. I've test driven several EB PP cars and they were definitely fun, but I've always wanted to see what a tuned one was like since there's been some consensus on the usual first power bolt-ons.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the other hand maybe we will be able to put to rest these assumtions that the Ecoboost beats up on GT 's .
As far as I am concerned any self respecting GT owner would entice an Ecoboost into the well let us just go out and find out at a track to prove it scenario ..

I have already have been enticed by a few GT's on the street and refuse to bite ..too much top end on the GT to bite , but it was fun thinking this guy is bating me and watch the GT tear ass ..

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wherever it is in Chicago just make sure you dodge the bullets flying everywhere, that place is nuts. :rant:

Terry :)

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On the other hand maybe we will be able to put to rest these assumtions that the Ecoboost beats up on GT 's .
As far as I am concerned any self respecting GT owner would entice an Ecoboost into the well let us just go out and find out at a track to prove it scenario ..

I have already have been enticed by a few GT's on the street and refuse to bite ..too much top end on the GT to bite , but it was fun thinking this guy is bating me and watch the GT tear ass ..
Lol I'm not looking to race at all, nor beat up on an EB owner. I appreciate and respect the EB and would like to be able to speak knowledgeably about what a tuned EB is like compared to a GT.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then we will meet!

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Fair question.

My thoughts would be FMIC upgrade and a tune at the minimum. A big turbo car would be a hoot, I'm sure.
I'm waiting on my full race fmic at the moment. I've got a tune+ tune in it. What else ya need? Gonna be going e85 here eventually. Currently before ic I keep up with Stock gt's
Sponsored