Any real gains from CAI and Cat Back?

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
It's dumb but he does this in a lot of threads. He almost ruined the PMAS thread by demanding a discount from the vendor and arguing with everyone who told him it was rude and disrespectful. It's like he doesn't care if he's the forum pariah. As long as he's peddling BS though, people will be calling him on it. :thumbsup:
This. I typically stay out of forum drama, but he pokes his nose in threads all over. Then when people dispute what he says, he takes exception and takes things to another level.

I'm done with this, and won't post again about it, but think the hypocrisy is great when he says he uses a drop in and tube, but loves the CAI so much. Also I think I gave him a new favorite word or two. He used adamant and vehemently quite a bit in that last post.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Also I think I gave him a new favorite word or two. He used adamant and vehemently quite a bit in that last post.
Heh, I noticed that too. :lol:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
It's dumb but he does this in a lot of threads. He almost ruined the PMAS thread by demanding a discount from the vendor and arguing with everyone who told him it was rude and disrespectful. It's like he doesn't care if he's the forum pariah. As long as he's peddling BS though, people will be calling him on it. :thumbsup:
Wow, another exaggeration. I commented on that thread and asked if there were any discounts or special offer codes. It was a simple question. 2 members in particular didn't like that I asked that question and decided to lash out against me for asking it. To which I gladly replied. The trend here seems to be that some of you have a God complex and feel that you have a right to bash or attack others. Yet when the reply back in kind, you start making them look like the problem. Maybe it worked against others in the past because maybe others have backed away or apologized. But you'll never see that happen with me. If you or anyone address me the wrong way, which from the get go you have, then you will get a reply back from me. If you keep going, then I will keep going as well. And it will go on as long as you keep pushing it. When you stop, I stop. And no, I don't care if I'm the "forum pariah". I'm not here to make friends nor am I here to be liked. I give my opinions and state them as such. When I have facts, I share them. Which Is ee you chose to ignore the dynos I posted up. Don't expect me to back down when you're the one coming at me.

Oh, and for the record, there are several discounts available for that PMAS CAI. It never hurts to ask.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This. I typically stay out of forum drama, but he pokes his nose in threads all over. Then when people dispute what he says, he takes exception and takes things to another level.

I'm done with this, and won't post again about it, but think the hypocrisy is great when he says he uses a drop in and tube, but loves the CAI so much. Also I think I gave him a new favorite word or two. He used adamant and vehemently quite a bit in that last post.

Heh, I noticed that too. :lol:
Yea, thanks for the vocabulary lesson.

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
A) we do pay $500-$600 for a HAI here in Western Australia B) It will increase intake temps in our Climate "FACT"... I dont need a mustang to tell you that Ive had more cars than youve had hot showers...Yes your CAI may make you 10hp which you wont feel and thats on a dyno in ideal conditions...hot days on the road you may loose over a standard box, at the strip waiting in line etc you will get heat soak and probably loose power (as I have read on here before) and you may make 10hp more at peak rpm's but loose somewhere else or show no gains somewhere else..
at the end of the day it's a cheap mod, your happy, you don't need to try justify your purchase to anyone. For some people in different climates etc the CAI is a step backward for others like you its a tiny baby step forward but your cool with that.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A) we do pay $500-$600 for a HAI here in Western Australia B) It will increase intake temps in our Climate "FACT"... I dont need a mustang to tell you that Ive had more cars than youve had hot showers...Yes your CAI may make you 10hp which you wont feel and thats on a dyno in ideal conditions...hot days on the road you may loose over a standard box, at the strip waiting in line etc you will get heat soak and probably loose power (as I have read on here before) and you may make 10hp more at peak rpm's but loose somewhere else or show no gains somewhere else..
at the end of the day it's a cheap mod, your happy, you don't need to try justify your purchase to anyone. For some people in different climates etc the CAI is a step backward for others like you its a tiny baby step forward but your cool with that.
Well, its your car. I can't tell you what to do with your car. If you're not getting one, then fine. Invest the money in other mods. Or keep your money. Whatever makes you happy.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Congrats. I'm not impressed but congrats nonetheless. And I'm not talking about the 11 GT or the 14 GT. I'm talking about the S550 GT. SO thanks anyway.
I hope you realize that all '11 through '16 GT's use Ford's Coyote 5.0L, 6R80 auto or MT82 manual trans, and 8.8" ring & pinion. Therefor, results in tuning & breathing mods are nearly identical in all '11 - '16 5.0L GT's.

And, as a reminder, the factory airbox, MAF housing, and intake tube are NOT a restriction for all but the most extremely modded naturally aspirated Coyote 5.0L's. The fact that my car has trapped as high as 118.9 mph in the 1/4 mile with a 100% pure stock engine with the stock airbox & factory paper filter and a race weight of 3800 lbs should be plenty of evidence that the stock airbox is not a restriction to airflow or performance.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I hope you realize that all '11 through '16 GT's use Ford's Coyote 5.0L, 6R80 auto or MT82 manual trans, and 8.8" ring & pinion. Therefor, results in tuning & breathing mods are nearly identical in all '11 - '16 5.0L GT's.

And, as a reminder, the factory airbox, MAF housing, and intake tube are NOT a restriction for all but the most extremely modded naturally aspirated Coyote 5.0L's. The fact that my car has trapped as high as 118.9 mph in the 1/4 mile with a 100% pure stock engine with the stock airbox & factory paper filter and a race weight of 3800 lbs should be plenty of evidence that the stock airbox is not a restriction to airflow or performance.
You could easily get that down to 117 mph with a pod filter set up if you wanted too and add a catback you will see around 118.9mph for a couple of thousand spend...:lol::lol::lol:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

119 is a good trap speed. Not bad at all.

Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of OEM parts that look "cheap and generic" to some people by simply looking at them and then ignorantly assuming things (just because it "looks" like it won't flow well) actually have hundreds of thousands of dollars and dozens of man-hours of real engineers behind them, and are surprisingly efficient.

Also a lot of aftermarket "super duper high flow" looking parts actually lose power or not make any more power than the OEM parts they are replacing, because they have all of a couple weeks worth of engineering and testing behind them, and are mostly designed around what "should work". These companies don't have the insane OEM budgets or timelines that OEM's do.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of OEM parts that look "cheap and generic" to some people by simply looking at them and then ignorantly assuming things (just because it "looks" like it won't flow well) actually have hundreds of thousands of dollars and dozens of man-hours of real engineers behind them, and are surprisingly efficient.

Also a lot of aftermarket "super duper high flow" looking parts actually lose power or not make any more power than the OEM parts they are replacing, because they have all of a couple weeks worth of engineering and testing behind them, and are mostly designed around what "should work". These companies don't have the insane OEM budgets or timelines that OEM's do.

That's all I'm going to say about that.
Hmm, good point.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Calibrated MAF. Tune w/out a tune, in my opinion. The main discussion on this thread was a straight CAI, at least I think. The $300 figure came up a lot so that rules this, and the non-tune PMAS, out.
FWIW, I literally bought a "no tune" PMAS specifically to log it and dyno it back to back with my tuner (and friend). He called BS on the calibrated MAF due to load factoring adding timing. I agreed. "If it sounds too good to be true..."

I tossed it on and we went and logged it tonight. NO load factoring, and fuel trims and timing were completely unchanged from my flex tune that he did.

We are withholding judgement until we dyno it, but SO FAR, their claims are holding up. Car does not feel any different.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I meant to ask, is that before the tune?

And, if so, what was after the tune?
That was pre tune. It picked up 21whp total with an off the shelf 93 octane tune and CAI from American muscle for a total of 406.

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
Bottom line is The Ford Oem part has to meet certain requirements that aftermarket parts do not. Things like emmissions , Costs to manufacture, must be dummy proof for those who elect to not service it often or at all, or drive through high standing water, and last fitment.

Does this mean it flows terrible? No
Does this mean it's held back? Yes
Sponsored