Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Interested in this, I may get this in October after a little 3 month trip. However in the future I will probably upgrade the intake mani to the Gt350 mani unless the aftermarket companies dragging their feet with their products actually produce good results. Will this fit the GT350 manifold and throttle body?
Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Installed today. Logging it with my tuner tomorrow and going to dyno it back to back with stock intake next week.

Couple things to note..these screws are way too short. And the head slips into the hole in the coolant reservoir. Tried the factory bolts, but different thread. The coupler from the TB to intake tubing was really tight, took a lot of stretching. Maybe I'm just a ***** lol

It's LOUD.

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
Are the supplied bolts metric or standard?

Now you need a rematch with Sean's SS. That thing runs awesome.Lol

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Are the supplied bolts metric or standard?

Now you need a rematch with Sean's SS. That thing runs awesome.Lol
The problem was thread pitch. Didn't match up. There's enough thread there to hold it, maybe it was designed that way. But the head of the socket head bolt pulled into the coolant tank holes and not much thread engagement on the supplied nuts.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
The problem was thread pitch. Didn't match up. There's enough thread there to hold it, maybe it was designed that way. But the head of the socket head bolt pulled into the coolant tank holes and not much thread engagement on the supplied nuts.
The bolts are 1/4 20. Those look like the bolts for the 11-14 kit. They might have got packaged by mistake. The 15+ are longer and have washers. I will have them open all the cold air kits tomorrow and double check.

I apologize for the mixup.

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That's how mine came, with those screws. I didn't use the bracket I just left mine where it was.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
The bolts are 1/4 20. Those look like the bolts for the 11-14 kit. They might have got packaged by mistake. The 15+ are longer and have washers. I will have them open all the cold air kits tomorrow and double check.

I apologize for the mixup.
Ah, okay. Thank you.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
70-100* temps you're pulling 1.5* of timing. It's up to 5* of timing at 130* intake temps IIRC.
With Lund Flex tune, I was told it starts to pull at 150 degrees.. about 4 to 5 degrees.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
With Lund Flex tune, I was told it starts to pull at 150 degrees.. about 4 to 5 degrees.
Someone posted the stock IAT table and cleared it up for us.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Putting the MAF in a plastic tube, using a sealed air box with a lid and having a sealed fresh air duct are the best ways to limit heat soak and keep actual IATs down. ECM doesn't pull timing until 150* IATs though at which point it pulls out around 4-5 degrees at wide open.
But the ECM also adds when temperatures are lower and octane is better. So it's not just about timing being pulled it might not be adding as much as it could due to higher temperatures:)

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Guys, I hate to point it out but in 1986 ford put fuel injection in cars. 30 years ago. People always did things to get maximum flow for horsepower and the tuners always knew the intake temps. It wasn't until a few years ago when ford added a temp gauge on the dash that all of a sudden, intake temps are the most important part to making power with a mustang. That just isn't the case and it never has been. This is the biggest reason I hate the term "cold air intake". It's a marketing term started for Honda guys. The "cold" has very little to do with how much power an intake makes.

The stock 11-16 airbox is no more of a "cold air intake" than the fox body airbox was. If anything the fox was better.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Installed today. Logging it with my tuner tomorrow and going to dyno it back to back with stock intake next week.

Couple things to note..these screws are way too short. And the head slips into the hole in the coolant reservoir. Tried the factory bolts, but different thread. The coupler from the TB to intake tubing was really tight, took a lot of stretching. Maybe I'm just a ***** lol

It's LOUD.
photos dont work

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Photobucket is having issues. This forum really needs an app again.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Guys, I hate to point it out but in 1986 ford put fuel injection in cars. 30 years ago. People always did things to get maximum flow for horsepower and the tuners always knew the intake temps. It wasn't until a few years ago when ford added a temp gauge on the dash that all of a sudden, intake temps are the most important part to making power with a mustang. That just isn't the case and it never has been. This is the biggest reason I hate the term "cold air intake". It's a marketing term started for Honda guys. The "cold" has very little to do with how much power an intake makes.

The stock 11-16 airbox is no more of a "cold air intake" than the fox body airbox was. If anything the fox was better.

So explain why on a cold day say 0c a car makes more horsepower on a dyno say compared to a 30c day? You can even easily tell on the butt dyno how much faster a car feels when intake temps are lower due to colder air.

Cold air is denser and gives more power.
Colder air allows the ECM to advance more ignition for more power.

Maybe I miss read your post but it's scientific fact that engines make more power when intake air is colder. You seem to be contradicting this?
Sponsored