Sponsored

Cross threaded subframe bolt, Help

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6M
Does anyone know the size of that bolt? I mean thread count, I know its a 1/2 inch but no idea it's thread count. Thank you if you know.
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It is a 14mm bolt actually. 14x2.0 thread.

Grab a tap and die kit and chase the bolt threads, and the cradle mount inserts in the chassis - apply a good amount of anti-seize and re-install.

Torque to 129ftlbs.

OP
OP

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I certainly will do, fast reply. Hopefully once I have the bolt torqued all the way in and down it will get rid of my clunking noise.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
everyone is cross-threading their subframes...im scared to do the lock out...lol

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
everyone is cross-threading their subframes...im scared to do the lock out...lol
The trick is to get the subframe aligned so that you can screw each bolt most of the way in with just your fingers. Don't just jam it on the end of a impact gun and go to town. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have bolted and unbolted my subframe 10+ times and rushed the last time i did my whole suspension overhaul, installed the ford racing track pack, and while rushing cross threaded it, super easy fix, 14mm2.0 tap and a 3/8 inch extension turned around then a 7/16 wrench to tq the extension/tap and wall-ah , fixed in about 5 minutes. So i wouldnt worry and if you are you wont have this problem, by not worrying/being cautious i caused this. Do the job , you need to , to have a actually quick car. wheel hop is so bad without it.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i made sure i got a good 4-5 rotations by hand before i even used a tool to tighten it. Do not rush this
Sponsored