1st Tech pack With Trans Cooler!

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
This is a great thread I've been following, but it makes me think even more how easy it would be for ford to have an effective kit and how cheaply they could probably offer it or offer to retrofit it to save some face.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
This is a great thread I've been following, but it makes me think even more how easy it would be for ford to have an effective kit and how cheaply they could probably offer it or offer to retrofit it to save some face.
They're a big corporation with processes, testing procedures, quality metrics, manufacturing partners, etc. I think they're culturally prohibited from moving fast. Like IBM of the past, it would probably take them 9 months to ship an empty box.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It probably took Ford very little time to build the kit and it's taking them quite a while to test it. I would assume it's been installed in a number of cars and they are putting lots of miles on those cars right now in various conditions. Remember, an OE solution is expected to last for well over a hundred thousand miles. If I built a system I would probably check the brackets, hoses and fittings before and after every track event plus every few months of normal driving. Heck, I'd probably double check it every weekend for at least the first couple months. I would expect my "engineered" system to last for a few years at most. It would probably also be heavier than necessary. I would for sure want rubber isolators on the radiator and pump. I would also be concerned about the pump getting hot under certain conditions. Too much FMEA going on in my head.. :(

Syberspace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just bought an RB Racing pump and the CX Racing cooler. Once I get those and determine mounting, I'll get the hoses and fittings. Not waiting for Ford. May buy it when it comes out, just to have an OE system. Thanks OP for pioneering!!

sammylew34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
How do you remove the front bumper from the side fenders. I have everything off the bumper but can not seem to get the bumper to separate from the side fenders. It looks like there's a screw but I can not see or get the the head of the screw or either a head of a bolt that's in a very tough to reach spot. Thank you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
How do you remove the front bumper from the side fenders. I have everything off the bumper but can not seem to get the bumper to separate from the side fenders. It looks like there's a screw but I can not see or get the the head of the screw or either a head of a bolt that's in a very tough to reach spot. Thank you.
There is a small screw holding the bumper to the fender that is a real pain to remove. You have to remove the fender liner, or at least pull it mostly off to get to the screw.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
There is a small screw holding the bumper to the fender that is a real pain to remove. You have to remove the fender liner, or at least pull it mostly off to get to the screw.
Once the liner is out, it is fairly easy to access that screw. It's that same screw that closes the gap between fender and bumper. Had to replace mine with a bigger one as mine had been stripped at the factory .

sammylew34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
Once the liner is out, it is fairly easy to access that screw. It's that same screw that closes the gap between fender and bumper. Had to replace mine with a bigger one as mine had been stripped at the factory .
Even after I removed that small 7mm screw I can't seem to pop it off.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Even after I removed that small 7mm screw I can't seem to pop it off.
Once the small screw is removed, the corner of the bumper is separated from the fender by giving it a good firm pull towards you. It basically just snaps in, then the screw is used to close the gap.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What is the head lift on the pump? Is it better as a push pump or pull pump? I know the distance isn't far from the trans. Just curious. Also is this a g-rotor or diaphragm pump?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
What is the head lift on the pump? Is it better as a push pump or pull pump? I know the distance isn't far from the trans. Just curious. Also is this a g-rotor or diaphragm pump?
Going off memory I want to say 15 feet.
It is recommended to pull through the cooler to keep pump temps down.
It is a diaphragm pump.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Great job...will start looking for parts to do mine

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a dumb question, but if you use the fill and drain plugs for the hose connections, how do you refill the transmission?

Thanks in Advance.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
This may be a dumb question, but if you use the fill and drain plugs for the hose connections, how do you refill the transmission?

Thanks in Advance.
I asked the same question in the past, but got no answer. How do you check the fluid level?

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Fill the oil cooler and lines, fill the trans from the fill port until it dribbles out (let it equalize), then connect the line to the fill port. Double check the pump is circulating in the correct direction.
Sponsored