Sponsored

Another fuel system option on the horizon

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I will be running this module when I do my 3.4 whipple 3V build with triple return pumps. This guy is over on the forum that shall not be named. Not sure if it will work on the eco, but he would be the guy to ask.

http://www.mdracingkc.com/Welcome.html

Most of the builds are using the Fore progressive module or just triggering external relays with a hobbs switch. This appears to be a version of that, maybe using a MAP sensor/hobbs I would assume.

I'll be using the Fore module.
Sponsored

Last edited:

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm not a professional forum poster. ;)

I imagine the price will be around the same as the Focus ST kit. I don't want to post too much about that because they aren't a forum sponsor yet. Best to look at their site.
How is it going with this kit ? Im at this point now, tried to call them but no answer, its on there website, but I wanna ask some dumb newbie questions before I buy it.

Thanks

dsabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I used a SplitSecond controller for 3 years, including at Bonneville, and never had a hiccup. Nice controller, especially for the money. -Dean

OP
OP

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
How is it going with this kit ? Im at this point now, tried to call them but no answer, its on there website, but I wanna ask some dumb newbie questions before I buy it.

Thanks

I'll see if I can get an update. The testing is done on my end and it's working fine. I don't want to speculate on their timeline for release.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'll see if I can get an update. The testing is done on my end and it's working fine. I don't want to speculate on their timeline for release.
Thanks for the update. Did you use the standard Bosch 630cc injectors they have on the site, did you just use your stock fuel pump or did you change that ? Is it a split second controller in there kit ? I gotta get something going, im ready to crank up the boost.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks for the update. Did you use the standard Bosch 630cc injectors they have on the site, did you just use your stock fuel pump or did you change that ? Is it a split second controller in there kit ? I gotta get something going, im ready to crank up the boost.

Thanks
As far as I am aware the only kit they have now is for the Focus. The fittings will likely be different on the Mustang kit. I used ASNU 14 hole 1050cc injectors on mine because they've done really well on GTRs and I felt the spray pattern would work well in this application. The stock fuel pump is still in place and it is my understanding that the controller comes with the kit.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
As far as I am aware the only kit they have now is for the Focus. The fittings will likely be different on the Mustang kit. I used ASNU 14 hole 1050cc injectors on mine because they've done really well on GTRs and I felt the spray pattern would work well in this application. The stock fuel pump is still in place and it is my understanding that the controller comes with the kit.

I appreciate it, they emailed me back and said it will be a few weeks. Thanks Again.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Ordered my kit today, they are just waiting on the controllers. Excited to get this on the car, I'm out of fuel with the new turbo, can't wait to turn it up a bit. They have been helpful via email as far as keeping me updated.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Adam has a great kit, going to pull the trigger in about a month

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
So there's a quick overview of my new fuel system. I made the necessary adjustments to my 93 octane maps for my Tune+ and FFTEC tunes and the car runs happily on both. I still need a more reliable supply of E85 to really turn things up, there are only two stations within an hour of my house and they both constantly run out.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. Things I can't answer: When will a kit be available, how much it will cost, etc. SpeedPerf6manc3 isn't a vendor on here yet, but I'm sure when they get ready to release something they'll be here. In the meantime you can look them up on Google and you'll get a good idea of what to expect by looking at their Focus ST kit. Anyway, more options coming and we all like options. :thumbsup:
When you are ready for E85 you are going to run into in-tank pump issues with a built motor and big turbo. I've already maxed out the in-tank pump on my 5558 build on the stock block with E85 so I did this:

CP-e Top Hat with 2x Walbro 465 (TI ...267's)

-8 feed and -8 return

Aeromotive Extreme Flow EFI regulator (30-120 psi)

Fore dual pump controller

Running a base pressure of 65-70psi and 1:1 boost referencing this setup still puts out 412lph at 100psi (13.5v). That is enough fuel for 1000hp (theoretically). You can always add that third pump extremely easily if the need ever came up.

I no longer have fuel starvation codes and I can make the car as fat as I want it to be.

I'm also running one pump off the controller and one pump is using the stock FPDM for now. I'm testing whether or not the FPDM can handle the amperage of one 465. So far so good, no immediate issues, long term I'm not sure.
FullSizeRender.jpg
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Got my Kit today, very straight forward and very nice components. I really like the plug and play wiring, im not great at wiring at all, just gotta find power, ground and the map wire, easy, even I can do that, the rest is plug and play. The mechanical part is easy, almost done with that. Cant wait to turn up the power on this car !!!!

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Can't wait to see how it turns out.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So this kit is available? I still see nothing under Mustang Ecoboost on their website.
Yes its the Focus one. The only thing im working on now is the adapter for the fuel pressure sensor. I think the Focus might be different than the Mustang, I dont know where the actual Fuel pressure sensor is in the Focus. On the Mustang, its in the actual Low Pressure fuel line. I have an email out to them, but its the weekend, so thats really all that might be different that I can see so far. Has been super simple, wiring was easy, just this small thing to deal with and it might be something im not thinking straight on. I know MAP has the adapter in there AUX kit, the one with the 2 injectors in the throttle body spacer, its a -6 to -6 AN tapped for the factory fuel pressure sensor.
Sponsored