Sponsored

Anyone ever tried this down pipe?

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
The actual catalyst in the converters is somewhat expensive to produce. They contain metals like platinum, palladium and rhodium.

Sponsored

dsabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Yes. Some states require emission testing, and without the cat it won't pass.

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Guys, seriously..our ebm is one of the easiest dp to swap. I never had a turbo car that was this darn easy. I can seriously do it in 30min. Probably even less if I had lift and power tools. Try the dp or even the manifold on a suby in your driveway lol. Ford made it so easy for us. Too easy.

TurboToshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Guys, seriously..our ebm is one of the easiest dp to swap. I never had a turbo car that was this darn easy. I can seriously do it in 30min. Probably even less if I had lift and power tools. Try the dp or even the manifold on a suby in your driveway lol. Ford made it so easy for us. Too easy.
I totally agree. when I was at the dealer looking under the hood I was just grinning looking at the turbo side. SO MUCH SPACE. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 and eventually I could swap the DP in about a hour and a half but the first time it took about 4 hours. I can imagine a sub with those up pipes and all that .

BTW the DP is now down to $250 IDK if anyone has already posted that. Im gonna offer them $220 and see if they accept it.

TurboToshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
They accepted my offer for $220 so I guess the next guy go for $200 and see what happens. If no one has any complaints so far then its a great deal

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Keep in mind that the downpipe sits really low. I scrape the dp at every speedbump and I'm lowered on eibach sport lines. Finally managed to dent it a couple days ago. The stock downpipe didn't sit as low as this one.

Sponsored

TurboToshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Keep in mind that the downpipe sits really low. I scrape the dp at every speedbump and I'm lowered on eibach sport lines. Finally managed to dent it a couple days ago. The stock downpipe didn't sit as low as this one.
Damn. Noted. Thanks I plan on getting those springs. Just haven't yet because I'm too lazy to put springs on. On my past 3 cars I've spent 4-5x more for coilovers just because I hate spring compressors. I'll see if I can come up with a solution when I put mine on. Should be in Wednesday then I can finally tune. Just broke 1000 miles on my car.

ednutcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP Comp Orange
Just got one

Just got one, waiting for it to get in and finish the pro tune, hope it helps!

ednutcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP Comp Orange
Gaskety messed up

Mine just came in today but the gasket "fire ring" was bent out of shape and separated.. I emailed the vendor but I would like to get one instead of waiting any suggestions?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
You guys do know UPR makes a downpipe for 270 ish right.... But still interested in long term results of this down pipe :)