Sponsored

Old School Car Audio

cmra325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I was cleaning out my attic and found my early 90's Hifonics Series VII amps. I was thinking I might want to use them in an install on my 16 GT. I have no expertise in car audio so it would be a matter of having a local shop sell me 6.5" in speakers, sub box and subs.

I am curious if anyone would have suggestion on how to best use the amps I have.

They are:

Hifonics Series VII Hercules 200wx1
Hifonics Series VII Pluto 60x2
Hifonics Series VII Cupid 44x2

I was thinking the Hercules driving one 10 in a sealed box, the pluto driving the rear deck speakers, and the cupid driving seperates up front.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
What stereo package does your Mustang have? Base or 40(X)a?

OP
OP

cmra325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What stereo package does your Mustang have? Base or 40(X)a?
Its a base with six speakers. I can either keep the stock head unit or change it. Just like with my exhaust, I just want some more volume.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Old school car audio equipment is awesome I'm doing a build with some right now including Boston Acoustics, Soundstream, Lanzar, Zapco, and Rockford lol. Find a good use for those amps and let 'em rip!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Personally, I would use the Pluto to drive the front speakers and the cupid to drive the rears... rear is just for "fill/ambiance" and shouldn't need much power.

Sponsored

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Personally, I would use the Pluto to drive the front speakers and the cupid to drive the rears... rear is just for "fill/ambiance" and shouldn't need much power.
I'd agree. I'd even consider using just the head unit to power the rears with the pluto to drive the fronts. Get some good component speakers up front, and you'll be really happy with them. Coaxials [usually] can't compete with component speakers with a good crossover system.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I'd agree. I'd even consider using just the head unit to power the rears with the pluto to drive the fronts. Get some good component speakers up front, and you'll be really happy with them. Coaxials [usually] can't compete with component speakers with a good crossover system.
Good suggestion on the rear speakers, and I'd agree with using components up front.
Given the age of the amps, I doubt that they have built in crossovers, so the OP is probably going to need a crossover with speaker level inputs, or possibly low-level inputs, depending upon where the input signal is picked off.
Sponsored