Rosen Fit-Must15

Status
Not open for further replies.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I have seen some curious about the Rosen unit.. I am a Rosen dealer and have been for years.. I can get them.. and have some that should be here Friday.. as of now the price is $1199 shipped..

The Rosen line has a 3year/36k warranty on units when installed in new cars.. up to 30 days after purchase. It goes to 1 year on cars other than that. It is a nationwide Rosen dealer warranty.

I have I think 4 will be here Friday..

I just wanted to let people know since they have been asking about price and availability.. they are in route..

I know they are expensive.. but there you go.. that's the info.. how you like that!?
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
... price is $1199 shipped..
:eyebulge:

... how you like that!?
I don't lol.

What are the various features to justify that price over the China units? (besides the obvious warranty and likely better software refinement, which is not worth an almost 300% increase in price)

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
:eyebulge:

I don't lol.

What are the various features to justify that price over the China units? (besides the obvious warranty and likely better software refinement, which is not worth an almost 300% increase in price)
You want the truth.. none.. I am not even going to sit here and lie to you guys. I have been contemplating posting.. but I figured at least I could let you know. The unit is essentially just that.. a rebranded China unit.

The ONLY thing they can say is support wise you will get support.. and if a unit goes bad.. you will get it handled.. but how much is that worth..

I am being a bit on the high side on price.. I was told a price and it was 99% not 100% so it may be a bit less..

What I see happening is the same thing as what happened on the Rosen s197 and F150 units.. they are going to sit.. and sit.. and Rosen will drop the price tremendously.. I did the first Rosen S197 mustang unit and I paid through the nose and no one was buying them and then American Muscle came to the rescue.. and bought all the units.. but AM is doing their own thing now and wont be there to save Rosen..

This is normal.. there are a lot of people saying they will buy something only if.. and companies get confident.. then those same people hear the price and start to back off.. its a matter of them finding the market.. so we shall see. maybe they wind up at $799 eventually.. but for now.. they are $1199 maybe $999

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Does this one have rca audio outs?
No.. none of them will.. none of these upgrades replace the ACM..

I can reprogram your factory radio to be a RCA output though.. it works fine.. I reprogram it.. and you solder RCAs onto the factory speaker wires.. and you have RCA out

Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So the 3yr warranty is only valid if the dealership pretty much installs it?

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've been keeping an eye out for the Rosen unit, as I have one in my wife's vehicle and really like it.

I've got to say that price is absolutely cRaZy for what is essentially a bezel, an 8" screen, and nav. It doesn't upgrade any of the underlying radio components, such as upgrading the amp, adding an HD tuner, adding an input for a sirius tuner, adding pre-amp outs, adding a subwoofer out, adding controls for a separate subwoofer, etc... It just puts a nice overlay on the existing electronics with a pricetag that doesn't match.

My Rosen Piranha was pretty expensive at $800, but it upgraded all of those things while looking like a factory unit.

Thanks for the info, though! Maybe their price will come back down to earth in the future and I'll pick one up (if I don't get the Sintegrate unit first).

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So the 3yr warranty is only valid if the dealership pretty much installs it?
Well.. you have up to 30 days after purchase to have it bought

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP Mustang GT
I just checked with my local dealer and there are asking 950.00 !!!

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I just checked with my local dealer and there are asking 950.00 !!!
That could be.. like I said in the opening post.. price may change.. I said it will top out t 1199 could be 999..

That dealer may have committed to buying 12 of them and getting the 13th free.. that's something Rosen does.. so their cost come down..

I didn't commit to them,.. because I think the price is too high.. I can sell a MFT conversion for a little more.. and at least you gin auto climate controls..

We will se where the price lands
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.