rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Yeah I sorta missed out on that deal...I got a PM from Mike but it was late in the day after I bought mine from LP.

LP did save me some coin & waived the shipping ($45) but another $87.90 in my pocket would've been sweet.

Last edited:

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is everyone actually replacing all of these bolts when they install the FRPP Handling Pack? I am planning to get this soon and want to make sure I am doing it right.
FRPP bolts.jpg

Sponsored

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I did and it was a MASSIVE pain in the ass!

Is everyone actually replacing all of these bolts when they install the FRPP Handling Pack? I am planning to get this soon and want to make sure I am doing it right.

dickeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Any thoughts on doing all the upgrades in the package except sway bars?

I don't feel the car needs more sway bar, especially with the stiffer springs.

I guess if people are getting the kit in the $1200 range it's worth it vs ordering each piece separately.
In my experience stiffer sways hurt ride quality but others in here seem to think these don't hurt at all.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Made by Rays in Japan. One of the strongest wheels made. Very high quality Japanese wheel.

19 x 10.5 +35 offset All 4 corners

Weight is about 23 to 24 lbs for 10.5 wide 19" wheel. No spacers needed. Slight poke in the rear with -1.5 stock rear camber and 285/35/19. Widest tire on front as is is 285. With 3 or 4mm spacer, 295 should fit on front. Rear go as wide as you like. The wider you go in rear the more it will poke out though. Center caps fit on rear, but dust cap interferes in the front slightly.
I'd really like to see a pic of these on an S550.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thinking about doing this as well. I read through the instructions and best I can tell, you only replace certain nuts and not all of this list.

Here is what I found was needed:

Upper Strut Nuts W712503-S440 X6
Strut to Wheel Spindle Nuts W520517-S450 X4
Front Stabilizer Bar Link Nuts W712503-S440 X2 (same as upper strut nuts)
Rear Stabilizer Bar Link Nuts W705606-S444 X2
Toe Link Nuts W716343-S440 X2

Maybe the OP can confirm?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-FR3A-M8.pdf

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I made a copy of the list that someone posted in this thread and gave it to my local Ford parts department. According to the parts department guy some of the nuts/bolts are sold in packs. So if i only need 1 bolt or nut but it comes in a pack of 4 i have to buy the pack. The list came out to about $160.00.

I'm not sure if he figured out the right parts and prices but that seems really high of a price.

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I made a copy of the list that someone posted in this thread and gave it to my local Ford parts department. According to the parts department guy some of the nuts/bolts are sold in packs. So if i only need 1 bolt or nut but it comes in a pack of 4 i have to buy the pack. The list came out to about $160.00.

I'm not sure if he figured out the right parts and prices but that seems really high of a price.
I don't believe you need all of those parts on that list. Best I can tell in reading through the installation manual from Ford, you only replace the nuts that are removed during installation. All of the bolts are reused. The nuts are a locking type that loses it's effectiveness after it is removed.

They run less than $5 a piece and you need a total of 16. All together they should be no more than $75. Amazon, Ebay and others sell them by the piece. Either way, I think they should be included in the kit!

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I'm thinking Toothless has moved on to another car... ;) I know how that goes.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm thinking Toothless has moved on to another car... ;) I know how that goes.
Yeah, he decided to go faster, and traded to a 2016 A6 car :) . He still has the Rays wheels on it though, and had the handling pack installed on it. I'll message him to throw some pics in here

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wait for the update on the square 275 tire setup. :)
I have a base GT with a square 275 tire setup. I just installed the Ford Racing Track Handling Pack and Strut Tower Brace. It is a totally different car now, but still nice and balanced handling wise with the square setup.
Sponsored